White Nights River Cruise Feedback please

My DW and I are headed to the Baltics on the Jewel this May. We are looking for feedback from travelers that have taken in the White Nights River Cruise in St. Petersburg. With 2 days of jammed touring, do we add the 3 and a half hours in the evening?

Rick

My DW and I are headed to the Baltics on the Jewel this May. We are looking for feedback from travelers that have taken in the White Nights River Cruise in St. Petersburg. With 2 days of jammed touring, do we add the 3 and a half hours in the evening?

Rick

Hi Rick I know about 1000 people from our ship did the evening excursions after the day excursions so it must be popular. I think most of them went to the folkloric shows. I went in a small group to the ballet and loved it. That sure did not take any energy and I would guess a river cruise would not either. A river swim, now that is another story....;>)

Personally I would find a nighttime river cruise in broad daylight a less picturesque than after the lights of the city were on, about 2 a.m.

We did not head off the second day until about 9 or 9:30 and no one in our small DenRus Value Tour group seemed overly tired the next morning. If anything the excitement of being in such a beautiful, exotic and historic place seems to give everyone a lot of energy, even those who stayed out until 2-3 a.m. when starting at 6:30 a.m. on the first morning did not fade the second day. Our guide said it effects local Russians the same way, after a long winter Russians stay up all hours and do not seem to mind the very long days in early summer. Winter is for sleeping and summer is for play.

Is this right? The White Night River Cruise Tour is in the daylight hours? Is there a River Cruise after 2:30am when the lights come on in the city?

Is the White Night River Cruise Tour a boat ride that leads to a concert of some kind?

Rick

I was on the Jewel last July, and I did that RCI evening excursion. I enjoyed the lovely cruise down the river, followed by a very good concert in a small hall. It was still daylight when we got back to the ship around 11 p.m. Even if you're exhausted after a day of touring St. Petersburg, make the extra effort to do something in the evening. You can catch up on rest the next night!

Archived