MegaRockstar experience

AndyUK

Just back from the 7 night Christmas cruise on Valiant lady in a Gorgeous suite and thought I share our experience of our MRS agent. This was our second VV cruise in a MR suite... the service was fantastic. 

Things we received, priority rockstar line skipped, line had a queue but as MRS we were chaperoned passed that line and taken direct to our cabins, this was via Miami. Coffee every morning via our MRS agent, constant bottles of champagne and wine left in the room ( full bottles) , treats in the room most evenings, bridge tour, last minute restaurant switches on a fully sold out cruise. We were due to go to Gunbae, we were at the entrance to the restaurant, but we were both not feeling it and we didn't want to spoil the other dinners experience given its a very social event. Messaged our MRS agent who said everywhere was very busy but give her 2 mins. She got back to me in 2 mins and says they opened a spot in the wake. She picked us up and 5 mins later we in the wake sat having dinner, great experience. I noted on the restaurant checkin computer we were labelled as VIP, though I assume all rockstar and MRS are classified as VIP on their sailor system. On a day where our MRS agent had not seen us, shore day, she came to our restaurant in the evening to check in. There are 4 MRS agents I believe, 3 working days, 1 working nights for deck 15. So 5 rooms per MRS agent... however every time we asked for something it felt if they were there for us only. It did feel that the more crew the agent knew, the more they could do, though nothing seemed to be too much of a problem.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

I noted on the restaurant checkin computer we were labelled as VIP, though I assume all rockstar and MRS are classified as VIP on their sailor system.

The are VIP1 and VIP2 designations on the restaurant laptops.

I believe VIP1 is for MRS, but I can't remember for sure.

23 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

The are VIP1 and VIP2 designations on the restaurant laptops.

I believe VIP1 is for MRS, but I can't remember for sure.

Ah yes, thats what I saw VIP1 ... I thought it meant there was two of us in cabin! 

5 hours ago, ssteinerman said:

Question- did you request the bridge tour or did they offer it? Did it cost anything or complementary?

No, we didn't request it, our MRS agent just pinged me saying she booked us on a tour. it didn't cost anything. The tour was just the MRS suite guests. 

We are doing MRS in a month on Scarlet Lady. My best friend is celebrating his 50th Birthday and he reserved the Massive MRS Suite. My wife and I are just down the hall in the Fab Suite. We sailed in the same exact cabin about 2 years ago and loved the experience. I didn't do a bridge tour last time and would be highly interested in doing this. I'll make sure to request it when we get on board....thanks for the insight!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Raiders4Life32 said:

We are doing MRS in a month on Scarlet Lady. My best friend is celebrating his 50th Birthday and he reserved the Massive MRS Suite. My wife and I are just down the hall in the Fab Suite. We sailed in the same exact cabin about 2 years ago and loved the experience. I didn't do a bridge tour last time and would be highly interested in doing this. I'll make sure to request it when we get on board....thanks for the insight!

I think the bridge tour is dependent on the Captain approval... we did scarlet last year in a MRS suite and asked for a badge tour, and was told no... noting that they were trying to push the the paid for tour. 

Enjoy the 50th celebration and the massive suite! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AndyUK said:

I think the bridge tour is dependent on the Captain approval... we did scarlet last year in a MRS suite and asked for a badge tour, and was told no... noting that they were trying to push the the paid for tour. 

similar experience - we sailed as plain old rockstars the first time, and our agent was able to sneak us onto what at that point was the MRS bridge tour.  it was super cool, and we got to meet a bunch of the officers and see how the ship generally worked. 

we assumed when we sailed as MRS the next time that we'd get an invite.  nope, we were on a B2B when the captain at that time was still pretty new to the ship, so he wasn't allowing anyone on the bridge.

if it's any consolation, it's always at a terrible time in the middle of a sea day!  we've been invited several times since then, and have skipped it because we'd rather lay by the pool and get some sun instead of seeing the same bridge equipment and views that we've now seen like 3 or 4 times.  one of those was as part of the paid tour - we had a ton of sailor loot and felt it was a good use.  we were part of valiant's first ever tour, but there were only 3 of us.  the other guy left us at the end with all the champagne to ourselves haha.  i've heard it's gotten packed to capacity, so i probably wouldn't do it again.

I've grown up on cruise ships with my family (I'm 48 now) and always took the bridge/engine room tours growing up. I remember when I was 10 or 11....my parents booked us a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Song of Norway. On the first at-sea-day, my dad and I took the bridge tour. Obviously it was a different era, but I remember the captain putting me in his pilot seat and allowed me to physically steer the ship. If I turned left, the ship responded....LOL. He also let me honk the horn of the ship while we were underway. Obviously this will never occur again, but those were some fun times on cruise ships.

• Like 2