Viking Air deviation destinations

Reaniel

Is there an easier way to find out which cities are available for Viking Air deviation?  Or do we just have to call Viking to find out?

Here are the two itineraries that I've gotten answers thus far:

Cities of Antiquity & the Holy Land

Athens: Santorini, Istanbul

Rome: Venice, Florence, Milan

Capitals of Eastern Europe

Vienna/Bucharest: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Basel, Budapest, Paris, Cologne, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Rome, Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Lisbon, Luxembourg, Lyon, Madrid, Manchester, Marseille, Munich, Milan, Nice, Nuremberg, Porto, Oslo, Bucharest, Prague, Venice, Warsaw, Zurich.

(The Viking Rep I spoke to said that the list is the same for both ends on this itinerary).

Oh, and the weird thing is that while the live chat agents can find out about this information, the dedicated booking agents can't.

I’m pretty sure that this is a question for Viking Air.  I’ve always dealt with Viking AirPlus for flight deviations in the past. 877 523 0580

I book my own flights if the price is right instead of using VA. 

9 hours ago, minka34 said:

@CDR2001 or anyone else, when you forgo the free VA, do you receive any discount off the cost of the cruise (credit for the unused free air)?

9 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

No. 

Because Viking very clearly quotes cruise fare and airfare  separately.

If a guest chooses not to use Viking Air, it does not effect the price of the cruise fare, whether the price of the airfare is $1000 or $0. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CDR2001 said:

I’m pretty sure that this is a question for Viking Air.  I’ve always dealt with Viking AirPlus for flight deviations in the past. 877 523 0580

I book my own flights if the price is right instead of using VA. 

In my experience, when you call Viking Air, they'd immediately assume that you want to do Air Plus (as opposed to simple deviation).  I find it actually less complicated to do stopovers and deviations directly with the live chat department.

Of course, if you want more customization and more available destinations, you'd go with Air Plus, but if you just want to do a simple deviation or stopover (and save that $150 for Air Plus), just do it via live chat.

After most Viking trips in Europe/Scandinavia we will extend for two weeks to a month to visit family in Gothenburg, Sweden. The first time we did it, the Viking rep told me my options were either Copenhagen or Stockholm. So when we are using Viking Air, we buy our own air for the flight from where the cruise ends to Gothenburg, and then do the same or take the train to get the Viking flight home from Copenhagen. It works well for us, most of the time we are able to use points to purchase the inter Europe flights. We pay a deviation fee but not Air Plus.