Live from the Caribbean Princess (7 January 2024)

59 minutes ago, CTGirl74 said:

I'm taking a cruise on the Caribbean Princess with my sisters, friend, and niece at the end of the month. I checked the schedule and I see we have an 80s party scheduled. You mentioned the staff being decked out. Did passengers dress in 80s clothing? Curious, because that could be a lot of fun for me and my friend. 🙂

The staff did and I kindof did but I can’t say anyone else really participated in that way

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CTGirl74 said:

I'm taking a cruise on the Caribbean Princess with my sisters, friend, and niece at the end of the month. I checked the schedule and I see we have an 80s party scheduled. You mentioned the staff being decked out. Did passengers dress in 80s clothing? Curious, because that could be a lot of fun for me and my friend. 🙂

My daughter has been asking me about this.  We are on Enchanted Princess in June.  I told her to wait until the schedule was a little more populated on the app. I don’t remember an 80’s party on my previous Princess cruises, but my 80’s clothing had I kept any would consist of business attire.  My daughter was born in 1982.  I don’t think her 80’s clothing would fit her, but she’s been known to go thrifting and you never know what you might find on a rack.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CTGirl74 said:

There were a lot of guests who participated in dressing up on my cruise! They also have photo ops there with 80s themed backdrops.

• Like 1

6am came way too early this morning and the struggle was very real. We managed to head up for breakfast at 6:45am and we’re surprised to see it was still dark out. We watched the sun rise while we ate and began wondering why we seemed to still be moving. 

Shortly after 7am the captain came on and announced that due to high winds and unsafe conditions, we would be missing Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. It was a little disappointing but it’s the right call. I have a friend in DR at the moment and she mentioned there was a big storm last night and that it was pretty windy. That meant we were getting a bonus sea day. 

I went back to bed for a bit and was surprised that within an hour the cruise director staff had planned an entire day’s worth of activities. I was pretty sunned out so we had an inside day. We spent the morning in one of the window nooks at Vines, reading our books. It was very nice and relaxing and once it got a bit later I enjoyed a refreshing glass of La Crema Rosé. 

We headed to Palms for lunch where I had the most amazing Thai spring rolls and some more aglio e olio spaghetti. No dessert for us as we rushed off to watch Deal or No Deal in the theatre. I wanted to play but they had stopped selling tickets before we arrived. The first contestant won $1 and the second won $150. It was fun watching the crowd get rowdy as more numbers were called. 

Keeping up with the busy afternoon it was off to Club Fusion for a presentation on the real pirates of the Caribbean. The speaker was absolutely hilarious. We finished off our afternoon with some beer at Outriggers Bar. I love this place because it’s in the shade but we can still be outside. 

Dinner was at Coral Dining Room and I swear I ate half the menu. I had the smoked salmon, escargot, bisque, tortellini, surf and turf and the chocolate pistachio dome. Then it was time for Marriage Match. I was in the game show last time but it was equally as fun being on the other side. We were crying laughing. We meant to end up at the I Love This party in the piazza but we ended up at Skywalker’s Nightclub which was bumping. We still are back in the room at a reasonable time, 12:30. 

Was today what we expected? Absolutely not. But we made the best of it and there’s no regrets. These things happen.

IMG_4967.jpeg

IMG_4972.jpeg

IMG_4973.jpeg

IMG_4979.jpeg

IMG_4980.jpeg

IMG_4984.jpeg

On 1/12/2024 at 12:02 PM, spethstation said:

There were a lot of guests who participated in dressing up on my cruise! They also have photo ops there with 80s themed backdrops.

80sTheme.jpg.fa4d60fe87d876453fe9af39fe147cb9.jpg

• Haha 3