Question about Transfers

fkfad

We have a unique situation.  Our ship sails out of Miami and returns to Ft. Lauderdale (it was originally slated to be RT Ft. Lauderdale).  We are parking at Park by the Ports in Ft. Lauderdale (which was arranged based on the original itinerary).  I have purchased transfers from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to Miami via HAL.  We are not flying into Ft. Lauderdale, but will be taking the Park by the Ports shuttle to the airport to catch the shuttle (transfer).  We are being asked in Check-In to list our flight information and I have continuously answered "we are not flying to the port."  I'm wondering if this confusion is because we purchased transfers?  Regardless, has anyone done what we are doing?  Should I list a flight in "check-in" that has an arrival time near the time I expect us to arrive at the airport?  Any thoughts/ideas are appreciated.

I had a similar situation happen, too.  I parked at the FLL airport and took the HAL shuttle to the Port Everglades cruise port.  After the cruise, we flew from San Diego back to FLL to retrieve the vehicle.  The check in feature never seemed to retain the "not flying option".  I left the flight information blank and printed the necessary documents.   I took a copy of my receipt for the shuttle, just in case there was an issue.  It went smoothly.

5 hours ago, fkfad said:

We have a unique situation.  Our ship sails out of Miami and returns to Ft. Lauderdale (it was originally slated to be RT Ft. Lauderdale).  We are parking at Park by the Ports in Ft. Lauderdale (which was arranged based on the original itinerary).  I have purchased transfers from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to Miami via HAL.  We are not flying into Ft. Lauderdale, but will be taking the Park by the Ports shuttle to the airport to catch the shuttle (transfer).  We are being asked in Check-In to list our flight information and I have continuously answered "we are not flying to the port."  I'm wondering if this confusion is because we purchased transfers?  Regardless, has anyone done what we are doing?  Should I list a flight in "check-in" that has an arrival time near the time I expect us to arrive at the airport?  Any thoughts/ideas are appreciated.

We’re doing the same thing.  I have not seen any instructions regarding meeting times or where we go at FLL to pick up the shuttle.  Any ideas on this?

On 1/5/2024 at 7:28 PM, Mtn2Sea said:

We’re doing the same thing.  I have not seen any instructions regarding meeting times or where we go at FLL to pick up the shuttle.  Any ideas on this?

I just read through my boarding pass and it gives the name and phone number of the company responsible for these transfers.  I will be calling them on Monday to get the details and will post once I have them.

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2024 at 6:28 PM, Mtn2Sea said:

On 1/7/2024 at 6:19 AM, fkfad said:

I just read through my boarding pass and it gives the name and phone number of the company responsible for these transfers.  I will be calling them on Monday to get the details and will post once I have them.

FLL there will be a couple people w/HAL clipboards downstairs near baggage claim. You just check in with them.

• Thanks 1

Regarding transfers -- I just called the company handling the transfers and this is what he said:

Go to Terminal 1 -- Baggage Carousel 1 -- there will be a Holland America desk there.  He said we need to get there after 10AM.