Carnival's $200 savings tomorrow (Wednesday)

creekbaby

This kind of stuff with Carnival just "burns me up". Just booked a cruise yesterday for DS and DNL. Booked through TA and she is going to check up on it. Souldn't TA's be made aware of this? Has anybody gotten a better deal through a TA when Carnival is having these sales, or are prices just jacked up them discounted? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

I've yet to see a "deal" on one of their "biggest sales of the year" that occurs every week... that was better than I could get on my own. But this sort of thing happens in every business... I bought strawberries this weekend, and today in the circular they are "buy one get one free"... it happens.

Just called my PVP and he said he didn't know ANY details yet and wouldn't until tomorrow. Looking over some of your posts I don't know if that's true or not.. but I'll call him tomorrow anyway and see if the cruises I'm considering are included in the 'select sailings'. Crossing my fingers until then!

I emailed my PVP and just received a reply with the same response, namely, "won't know anything until tomorrow." It just seems odd that the Carnival reps would not know details a day before the "sale." Of course, the phrase, "select cruises," provides the out. For all we know, the discounts could apply to only two cruises all year!

With the book and rebook does anyone know if you change agents will that count. I am currently booked with a PVP and have been considering changing to a local TA as they have a payment plan for paying off your cruise which works better into my budget. If I cancell with the PVP and rebook with a TA would I be able to do that????

Thanks

Kim

With the book and rebook does anyone know if you change agents will that count. I am currently booked with a PVP and have been considering changing to a local TA as they have a payment plan for paying off your cruise which works better into my budget. If I cancell with the PVP and rebook with a TA would I be able to do that????

Thanks

Kim

Yes, that is a cancel and rebook as far as I know... You realize you can just pay for your cruise monthly, regardless of who you are booked with? You can make payments anytime you want to... Also, you can open an account with ING, earn interest on the money, and have it automatically deducted from your account each month, then just pay it off when you have the total amount in there... just a thought :D

My cruise is on there but the "from" $549 I am sure if for a inside GTY and that is what the price is now so not sure how good of a deal this is going to be.

I will be a bit mad if my price would have been cheaper....but on the same note I wouldnt want to pay more because the price went up.:D

Kim

When I booked our last cruise - one week later one of those Greatest Sales Ever" things came out the next week and it had the same "new bookings only" language.

I just went online, cancelled the cruise we had and rebooked the exact same cabins using the code from the email. I didn't have any problems at all getting the lower rate. If I had not been able to get a lower rate, it would have kind of pissed me off.

I just checked as well and the price is still more than I paid last Nov for my Glory Oct cruise. I have an 8C that i paid a total of 805.pp and the same category is 879 on sale. These sales are never as great as they say, I had better luck with the past guest promo in the Carnival magazine.

Oh well

Vicki

I called Carnival and they said it was ONLY for the exact dates shown on the "sample" sale dates. Meaning only one sailing 9/17 for the Conquest!!

I am bummed. They mislead you buy saying nearly ALL cruises on sale, but fail to say, only one certain date on each boat...

What a let down!!

:(

Well, IF We had waited two days to book, my son would've been upraded to 4G at the same cost! My TA is working to try and get the upgrade! There are no savings, but you can get an upgrade. Carnival should work with people booked! They tell you to book early to get the best price, but then people that book later get a great upgrade! Does not seem fair!!!!!!

I got upgraded with this promo. I had an IS guar. and I was upgraded to a 4A gaur. We don't sail until Nov. So we're hoping for more. This will be olur first cruise, So we'll be happy with whatever, but it's still so exciting to get upgraded.

I looked at the sale prices & even though I am not going on one of the listed days I feel as though I still got a better deal through my TA. I am going on 5/13/06 Triumph category 8B & am paying $745pp total. I have been watching Carnival site & it seems my date just keeps going up. I booked in Feb. 06 for this cruise & got senior discount & sales promo at the time from TA

we are already booked, and when i contacted my PVP, we were offered a $140 credit!! :) (the sale reads "up to $200 off per stateroom )

needless to say, i was very pleased!! :)

Marsha

P.S. our sailing was NOT one of the sailings listed....

My sailing was NOT one of the ones listed either, but he said it was eligible. Basically for the September 11th sailing of the Sensation, I would have paid the same for an assigned 4a as I would have a month ago for an IS. However, I ended up deciding on the September 9th sailing of the Celebration and booked the two of us for under $700 after tax! :D I don't really care where my cabin is, as I'll be bringing earplugs and don't mind a little walking, so I went with an inside guarantee.

Archived