Help with transfer including a tour

son3cruisers

We have a 3 pm flight after our cruise  ( PTY) but our cruise port is in Colon. Right now we just have a transfer booked. 

Anyone have a recommendation or experience with a transfer that would includes some kind of a tour? Most tours that we have found from Colon return back to Colon, and don’t give the option of an airport drop off. 
The cruiseline is only offering a 3 hour bus tour- without being able to get off the bus. We would prefer to see wildlife, tour the locks or at least be able to walk around to some extent. 
Any recommendations appreciated. 

Check with Amber Moon Taxi. I have not yet used them, but they have very high ratings on Tripadvisor, they will do a private tour with airport dropoff with pick up at Colon port.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 1:54 PM, son3cruisers said:

Great. I will check them out.

I know there are other cruisers on the “ enhanced” cruisers who will need to travel from Colon to Panama and wondering what you have planed to do? 

My husband and I actually are just going to go straight to the airport and hang out until time to leave. We discussed doing a city tour but thought by that time we might be wanting to just relax. Looks like the airport has a lounge that you can buy a one day pass, so that is what we plan on doing.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your suggestion. 
We’ve contacted 2 companies that offer excursions from Panama for $99 each, but when I request a pick up in COLON its $200 more.

Panama on Wheels and Panama your way. So $400 for a 3 to 4 hour city tour for 2 is out of our budget. We might just do the same and use the Lounge. 

52 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

Thanks for your suggestion. 
We’ve contacted 2 companies that offer excursions from Panama for $99 each, but when I request a pick up in COLON its $200 more.

Panama on Wheels and Panama your way. So $400 for a 3 to 4 hour city tour for 2 is out of our budget. We might just do the same and use the Lounge. 

This is the quote I got from Amber Moon, this would be on top of the $100 quoted to transport the two of us from Colon to the airport.

image.thumb.png.6d430dc1322265ece7653ed3cd5f2d13.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PugM0m said:

This is the quote I got from Amber Moon, this would be on top of the $100 quoted to transport the two of us from Colon to the airport.

image.thumb.png.6d430dc1322265ece7653ed3cd5f2d13.png

Interesting.

Here is the response I received just now. 

IMG_4577.jpeg

20 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

Interesting.

Here is the response I received just now. 

IMG_4577.jpeg

Okay... weird, I have already paid for that. Could be because I have booked multiple transfers with them.

18 minutes ago, PugM0m said:

Okay... weird, I have already paid for that. Could be because I have booked multiple transfers with them.

Could be. When I questioned why on their site, under reviews it states that they offer transfers to Colon the reply I received was .. Amber Moon Panama Taxi Servi

IMG_1295.jpeg

mixed message for sure if they are offering it to some . 
I’m sailing in March, so maybe that could be why? 
You might want to have a back up plan!! 

Edited by son3cruisers