Princess Hop on Hop off in Mazatlan 

We booked a Hop on Hop off through Princess in Mazatlan. We’re interested in seeing the Historic District, Golden Zone, and the Cliff divers (we would skip the Aquarium stop.) Has anyone done this? Is it worth it or are we better off canceling and just taking a cab? Are those three points within walking distance of each other? We don’t want to walk the blue line but if we could take a cab to one of those points and walk to the others that would work. Thanks!

I thought about the Hop-On Hop-Off in Mazatlan, but the route was no big deal for me.  The HOHO price for two of us was something like $80, and I figured the cost of pulmanias (golf carts they use as taxis in Mazatlan) would be comparable.  But we would not be tied to the bus schedule and waiting in line for the next bus.  I would cab from point to point and not walk.  Cab one to the downtown area (the church and mercado), cab two to the Golden Zone and [I'd skip this one], cab 3 to the divers.  Then back to the ship.

There is no problem catching a cab at any of these areas of interest -- you will have to fight them off!

• 2 weeks later...

Our family was on the Carnival New Year's cruise that went to Mazatlan three weeks ago.

Uber worked fine for segment of Cruise Port (OK OXXO across the street) to Liverpool Street for the Beatles statues (which is near the Divers), then another segment from there to the Mercado in Centro. Each trip was about US$2 charged by Uber to my US Credit Card. Unfortunately the phone lost internet service later once we were in Downtown so we could not Uber back to the port. However the Pulmonia charged us US$8 for 3 people back to the port. I obviously also had my Verizon fee to use my phone service plan in Mexico for the day.  

On 1/11/2024 at 6:03 PM, Mike45LC said:

When you are done, please post the prices you pay for each taxi leg, compared to the HOHO price!

I wish I could! My husband got very sick that morning and we missed Mazatlan. I had found this in a video though so I’m passing it along. Looks like even with multiple taxis it would have been cheaper than the HOHO. 
image.thumb.jpeg.c32c27231f46617490dc0ba96a1f5b88.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

AquaticDreams, I am sorry your husband was sick.  I hope he recovered completely and that it did not interfere with the rest of your cruise.

Thank you so much! He gave us all quite a scare but fortunately the Princess medical response team was excellent. Thankfully he did recover and we were able to enjoy most of the rest of the cruise.