One day in Barcelona: GOTHIC DISTRICT and surroundings

Just now, marazul said:

That's when they open the reservations.  You can reserve as long as they have spots.

Ok. I misunderstood you to believe that it was 2 months ahead just to reserve.

• 4 weeks later...

We will be stopping in Barcelona on our cruise next year. I do not wish to take a tour. I would like to visit the Sagrada, what would be the easiest way to get there from the port? Are taxis’ easily available at the port? Roughly how long to get there, as I would be requesting tickets beforehand? From Sagrada, is it easy to get to Las Ramblas, is it a long walk or easier to get a taxi, and again, would they be easily available from the church? From the bottom of Las Ramblas, is there much to see around the area, and is it far from the port? Neither my husband and sister in law are great walkers, so I am trying to be somewhat mindful of that, me I can walk and walk. We are all in our late 60’s, although I hate for that to stop us. Thanks very much for your help!

If you love walking, have a look to this thread information.

I wrote about a 5 km walk around Barcelona city centre.

I know Sagrada Familia is world wide known but.... I would visit Gothic quarter.

It is for a full day cruise (and more)

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

How far in advance can I buy tickets to Sagrada?

Today, 24th August, you can buy tickets up to the end of October so I suspect they release them in whole months.  

The FAQ on the website says "Tickets can currently be purchased roughly two months before the visit.https://sagradafamilia.org/en/faqs

• 3 weeks later...

thank you so very much for all this info, I printed your walking tour and am looking forward to checking it out while we are in Barcelona from Oct 11-14.  We booked our tix for Familia Sagrada, and looking at Gaudi tix next.  Never had to get tix ahead last times we were in Barcelona.  

What do you think about going up to Montserrat for one day?  Never been there.  Have walked Ramblas, been to mercado, any other things you would suggest?  Looking forward to delicious tapas also.  

thanks again,

Judi