Luggage Tags?

GeroWA

We are sailing on Oceania Rivera in 18 days time - we have our Boarding Passes BUT no luggage tags.

There is no mention on the website about these being issued - can anyone advise how to get them or do we pick up at Port?

TIA

34 minutes ago, GeroWA said:

We are sailing on Oceania Rivera in 18 days time - we have our Boarding Passes BUT no luggage tags.

There is no mention on the website about these being issued - can anyone advise how to get them or do we pick up at Port?

TIA

Oceania no longer send luggage tags to passengers outside of the US.  You get them at the port when you check you bags; just have your stateroom number ready.

21 hours ago, GeroWA said:

TIA

You'll be able to get them done at the terminal.

Hi @GeroWA, @rbtan and @1985rz1,

We (in Canada) have been sent luggage tags by Oceania on 10 of 11 cruises.  The one missed was in December 2022, and the most recent cruises have been 2 in each of August 2023 and December 2023.  So sending tags to Canada is standard procedure, if only for us.

The set of tags that we did not receive, just arrived too late.  We were told by our Oceania representative that we should have let him know a few weeks before the cruise that we had not received them as yet, and he would have been able to either track them down or issue new ones.

At the port in Bridgetown, Barbados in December 2022, they were not prepared at all to issue new tags for us.  The Executive Concierge, who was in charge of the operations for greeting boarding passengers at the port, had to get someone to take the shuttle back to the ship from the port, to find on the ship blank/makeshift luggage tags for our suitcases, so we had quite a wait before we could tag and pass over our luggage to the handlers.  It was solved, but not fast or smoothly.

If I were you...I would make up big, very visible tags that indicate the name of the ship (in case the port is boarding more than one ship), the room number and your names.  You could have this as a back-up in the event that they could not prepare tags for you on the spot.  I would check with staff at the port that they believed your homemade tags would do the trick.  The only thing missing on your tags would be the coloured trim to indicate the type of room.  I think penthouse is gold and concierge level is silver - but the room number should suffice.

Hoping that something here helps,

Cheers,

Greg of the WildWanderers.

• Like 1

That 

41 minutes ago, WildWanderers said:

Hi @GeroWA, @rbtan and @1985rz1,

If I were you...I would make up big, very visible tags that indicate the name of the ship (in case the port is boarding more than one ship), the room number and your names.  You could have this as a back-up in the event that they could not prepare tags for you on the spot.  I would check with staff at the port that they believed your homemade tags would do the trick.  The only thing missing on your tags would be the coloured trim to indicate the type of room.  I think penthouse is gold and concierge level is silver - but the room number should suffice.

Hoping that something here helps,

Cheers,

That sounds like good advice - many thanks.

Hi @GeroWA,

We visited your Perth (we have one as well nearby in Ontario) for a few weeks in 2019, and loved it.  Did not make it all the way up to Geraldton, only as far north as New Norcia.

I have family in Hervey Bay, so we have been to Australia four times, and hit all of the state capitals.

Do enjoy your Riviera cruise,