Miami Beach Holiday Inn

vesw01

A couple of questions.........

I see this is close to the cruise terminal - is it within walking distance or cab ride (if so how much).

How much was a cab from the airport to the hotel?

How long and how much do you think it would cost to go from there to South Beach via cab?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to book the hotel since it is prepaid no cancel, until I am sure this is where we want to stay.

thank you

Victoria

Okay, you are a little confused.

There is a Holiday Inn South Beach (South Beach is the southernmost tip of Miami Beach which is a separate city from Miami) and there is a Holiday Inn Downtown. (which is Miami).

Miami is the Mainland and Miami Beach is the barrier island separated by Biscayne Bay.

You cannot walk to the port of Miami from either because you would have to walk on a very busy freeway.

The Holiday Inn South Beach is about a 10 minute cab ride to the Port of Miami and the Holiday Inn Downtown is about a five minute cab ride to the port.

My first choice would be the Holiday Inn South Beach.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami which is very close to the cruise terminal, last year. It was just mediocre, even by Holiday Inn standards.

You can and we did walk to the Port. The OP is correct about it being more like a freeway but there is a sidewalk on one side of it separated from the road by a concrete barrier. I wouldn't recommend trying it with your luggage. It's a longer walk than it looks!

We were going to stay at the Holiday Inn South beach this year but we read that they were planning on renovating it and turning it into a W hotel. We changed to the Intercontinental and were not disappointed. It's a beautiful hotel.

The Holiday Inn across from Bayside Marketplace is a great place if you want to be close to the Marketplace. We stayed there for two night prior to our cruise, and we spent a lot of time over at the Marketplace (shopping and eating). We also did a boat tour of Biscayne Bay, from the Marketplace.

I think the cab was about $10 from the airport. I believe we spent $7 or so for a cab to South Beach, and I think it was about $7 or so for a cab to the port area...all these are before we added in a tip.

I personally wouldn't walk to the port. It's not as close as it looks, although, if you are on the front of the hotel, and up high enough, you'll get a nice view of the ships. I'm not even sure there is a walkway across the bridge that leads to the port area...but there may be.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami which is very close to the cruise terminal, last year. It was just mediocre, even by Holiday Inn standards.

You can and we did walk to the Port. The OP is correct about it being more like a freeway but there is a sidewalk on one side of it separated from the road by a concrete barrier. I wouldn't recommend trying it with your luggage. It's a longer walk than it looks!

We were going to stay at the Holiday Inn South beach this year but we read that they were planning on renovating it and turning it into a W hotel. We changed to the Intercontinental and were not disappointed. It's a beautiful hotel.

Just got back from Miami last week. Stayed at the Intercontinental which is right down or up the street from the HI Port of Miami. Needless to say the Intercontinental is nice, but it is a bit worn, of course it runs appx. $250 per night.

As I recall the HI on south beach looked like it was being renovated. The HI POM looked nice from the outside. Wennfred posted some pics on another thread this week. It is right across the street from Bayside Market which is a nice small open air mall.

Neither is walkable to the pier with luggage.

Cab from MIA to HI POM is about $25 + tip, cab to south beach is about $30 - $32 + tip. (At least that was what we paid last weekend to the Intercontinental)

Cab to South Beach is probably about $10 (It is $2.40 first 1/6 mile and .40 per 1/6 mile after that, and it ia bout 3 miles to the beach).

HI POM offers a number of options including one that can be canceled (it is about $10 or $15 more than the non cancel rate.)

The Holiday Inn Port of Miami is more than 3 miles to South Beach. It was about a 15 minute ride when we went. The taxi will probably run about $20 each way. From the airport (Miami) to the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, it's about $18-20 for the taxi, and from hotel to ship, it's about $7 for the taxi. Hope this helps.

We just returned.. MIA to Holiday Inn Port of Miami was $26 incl tip.. HIPOM to pier was $15 incl tip. depends on traffic.

We called the cab company looking for prices to SOBE they said around $18-20.. We did not go tho.

The Holiday Inn Port of Miami is more than 3 miles to South Beach. It was about a 15 minute ride when we went. The taxi will probably run about $20 each way. From the airport (Miami) to the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, it's about $18-20 for the taxi, and from hotel to ship, it's about $7 for the taxi. Hope this helps.

South Beach is just over the MacArthur Causeway and is is almost exactly 3 miles long. So depending upon what part of Miami you start from and what part of South Beach you end up on is how far the Port of Miami is from South Beach.

Again, if you are going from the Holiday Inn Port of Miami to South Beach, it is definitely longer than 3 miles (unless you're talking how the crow flies). As the other poster said, and I said as well, it would run about $20 each way for a cab. When we went it was a good 15-20 minute taxi ride from HIPOM to South Beach.

Archived