Opinions Needed!!!!

I found this dress.... love the colors it describes! What do you all think! I have Auburn hair, I think this would be complimentary? I thought gold /silver sexy sandals and accessories. Do you think it's to "FOO FOO" !:rolleyes: , for lack of a better term???!!!:D

Thanks ladies!

I think it is quite feminine and very pretty and would be fun to wear.

It appears from the photo to have more gold than silver in it so I would choose some strappy sandals and a pretty purse.

Some crystal jewelry would also be pretty, delicate to compliment the dress.

Your chest is going to look HUGE! Wish I could wear dresses like that....I think auburn hair with the pink & gold tones will be very pretty!

LOL!!!!OMG... I am laughing because that is what my mom said too? Why do you think so.. because of the ruching??:D That is so funny...:D

I don't think it's too foo foo at all...very feminine! I just saw some strappy sandals that had very subtle gold/silver tones in them. Would look great, but not sure of the store. I am no help. :)

It's very pretty, if you can carry it off. Kind of retro--it actually reminds me-a lot!- of my mint green Prom formal, circa 1963! Same length, chiffon, ruched ? top, etc. It does make a girl look busty, if that's a plus!

I think it's because of the ruching, or gathers, or whatever makes the part around the breasts seem quite poofy, at least in that picture, combined with the quite tapered waistline of the dress. Maybe the picture is deceiving, but that's the way it looks to me.

Oh, what a pretty dress! Yes, it will make you look busty because of the ruching, and also because the midriff area is sparkly and basically points at the chest area. IMHO, if you've got it, flaunt it! The way the dress is done, it'll give you a nice hourglass shape.

I've got a lot of vintage dress patterns from the 50s and I love the gathered bustlines, petal busts, etc. I think that because the fuller skirts were in fashion at the time, the tops really needed the extra "oomph" to balance things out. :)

A combination of the ruching, the wide waist decoration, and the relatively high bustline--looks empire in the photo--is what made me say you'll look huge. Can you return it if it's too much?? Depending on exactly how large you are and how large the rest of you is--you could carry it off. I just have learned to not even look at dresses like that:rolleyes:

Archived