Does anyone know Flights to LA for embarking there

GoHuskies!

I'm flying to Los Angeles (from Arizona) to embark on the Sun for a trip through Panama Canal to New Orleans in Sept 06. I expect NCL won't give me flight times until sometime in September. Does anyone know what approximate time of day NCL is likely to have me arriving in L.A.? The earlier the better--I like to board early, but don't know what they will set up.

NCL's air arrangements are unpredictable. We booked an NCL cruise out of Vancouver including air by NCL. They flew us to Seattle and BUSSED us to Vancouver! You'd think they would have told us.

You might call NCL and ask which airlines they use from Ariz to L.A., then check the airline for flight schedules. That'll give you a good idea. LAX is not close (in terms of time) to the ports. You don't want to arrive at LAX at 8 or 9 a.m. Travel time is a killer.

Ncl is not allowed to give information on flights until 30 days prior to your sailing.

If you want something special on your air you will need to pay the extra $50.00 premium charge.

That way you will know early what flights you are going to have.

Otherwise Ncl works with a block of seats that the airlines gives them.

In case with alaska into yvr they have the right if they cannot fly you into yvr, because of space not being available (since they work with certain class of services) to fly you into sea, and bus you to yvr.

This states on their brochure....

You might call NCL and ask which airlines they use from Ariz to L.A., then check the airline for flight schedules.

Good idea; I'll try that. The reason I ask is that although there are plenty of early-morning flights from Tucson to Los Angeles, when we flew to Hawaii last year NCL had us leave from Tucson to Denver, then on to Honolulu. Doesn't make sense, and it certainly made for a really long flight, but I was determined not to put out the extra 50 bucks apiece to correct what I consider to be NCL's error. I'm hoping this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

Hate to tell you, but if that is the cheapest way to get you to LA, they may do that again as well. Usually the direct flights are most expensive and not always available to the cruise lines. If you really want to get a direct flight, you are better off paying the extra $50 or booking on your own.

Archived