B2B rules for wine

So I recently had to call RCCI over OBC issue. While on phone  I asked if we can bring 2 bottles of wine on board per person , as we are doing a B2B. He said yes. Yet, a friend who also departed from Galveston said they confiscated extra bottle and were supposed to deliver on second leg of journey. They didn’t deliver, but instead returned bottle at end of second leg? 
Anyone  have experience with this scenario?

6 minutes ago, alphawave1 said:

So I recently had to call RCCI over OBC issue. While on phone  I asked if we can bring 2 bottles of wine on board per person , as we are doing a B2B. He said yes. Yet, a friend who also departed from Galveston said they confiscated extra bottle and were supposed to deliver on second leg of journey. They didn’t deliver, but instead returned bottle at end of second leg? 
Anyone  have experience with this scenario?

What the agent described is correct.  You can bring one bottle per person per cruise.  They should have delivered the "held" bottle day 1 of your cruise.

7 minutes ago, birdofsong said:

We got off the first, grabbed two more bottles from the car, and got back on.

We were going to do that, but Galveston port apparently has new rules regarding getting  off and on board. People who got off were prevented from getting right back on, as they had no assigned boarding time. They weren’t allowed back on until past  2 pm. Prior to 2024, they always do B2Bs, they hopped right back on. This was info from friends who were traveling with RCCI first week of January. 

25 minutes ago, alphawave1 said:

We were going to do that, but Galveston port apparently has new rules regarding getting  off and on board. People who got off were prevented from getting right back on, as they had no assigned boarding time. They weren’t allowed back on until past  2 pm. Prior to 2024, they always do B2Bs, they hopped right back on. This was info from friends who were traveling with RCCI first week of January. 

We did this at Galveston in August.  We had an assigned boarding time of noon, but walked in at 10:00 a.m. Nobody cared.

• Like 1