Premium Wifi

Watchmen

We found the premium wifi to be excellent.  Coat is $10 per night of cruise if you don't have DBE or another package that includes it.  Regular wifi is decent but won't do streaming.....and is complimentary for all.

• Like 1

My friends have DBE and are getting premium wifi on our cruise. However, this is our first time sailing VV and we only have the standard wifi option. I'm wondering if we can purchase/upgrade to premium wifi as an add-on once on board please? I don't currently see it as an option to purchase in the App pre-cruise. TIA

Just now, Luvsbooks said:

My friends have DBE and are getting premium wifi on our cruise. However, this is our first time sailing VV and we only have the standard wifi option. I'm wondering if we can purchase/upgrade to premium wifi as an add-on once on board please? I don't currently see it as an option to purchase in the App pre-cruise. TIA

You can purchase premium on board.  Cost on all cruises I've seen was $10 per night of cruise.  No purchase in advance.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cantgetin said:

We found the premium wifi to be excellent.  Coat is $10 per night of cruise if you don't have DBE or another package that includes it.  Regular wifi is decent but won't do streaming.....and is complimentary for all.

We seem to have posted at the same time and you've answered my question - thank you! 🙂

• Like 1

Also once on the ship the app runs on the local network not the internet so doesn’t make a difference if you have the streaming premium WiFi or the standard one to the app performance. Also make sure mobile/cellular data is off, last time I could not get the app to work after check in because my phone hadn’t fully moved to the WiFi for some reason, once I did that it worked better than on land.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Hello! I keep hearing how terrible wifi and the app are. How’s premium wifi? For example, will we be able to stream YouTube videos, Netflix, and things like that?

On Scarlet Lady it's been brilliant in the Caribbean.  Valiant was running like dial up speeds over Thanksgiving for the entire 8 days of our cruise. 

3 hours ago, neverendingcruising said:

Premium WiFi is $25/day now (on Resilient at least). 

Ouch!  Well, if that's true, it has increased since November 2023 on Valiant.  But then, it has always been a lot more reasonable than other lines.

Edited by cantgetin

14 hours ago, RNPJN said:

Was just on Valiant and it was nowhere near that ours was free but It was $10 a day  otherwise

That is what it has been on each of our Scarlet cruises--$10.