Jewel 7654, Stairs nearby?

To those of you who have had a Deck 7 aft with the larger balcony, on Jewel, it looks like there are stairs close by— are they for passengers? Is this a good cabin?

IMG_1471.jpeg

If stairs are on the deck plan, I think it's safe to assume they are for passengers.

My reasoning - there are crew elevators on the ship, but you won't see them on the deck plans.

Edited by Nabalab
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nabalab said:

If stairs are on the deck plan, I think it's safe to assume they are for passengers.

My reasoning - there are crew elevators on the ship, but you won't see them on the deck plans.

This! Crew stairs and elevators are not on the deck plans.

5 hours ago, Nabalab said:

3 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

This! Crew stairs and elevators are not on the deck plans.

Wrong and Wrong. Those stairs are crew stairs and are not accessible to passengers.

The deck plans also show stairs at the left/rear corner of the ship. Those too are for crew only.

ETA - I can speak from experience about the ones at the left rear. We stayed in a corner aft once and the evacuation route says to use those stairs. Wanting to know my route in the event of an emergency, I took those stairs to the muster drill. I was told by a crew member that I passed in the stairwell that I was not allowed to use them unless it was an emergency.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

7 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Wrong and Wrong. Those stairs are crew stairs and are not accessible to passengers.

The deck plans also show stairs at the left/rear corner of the ship. Those too are for crew only.

Ok thanks, my mistake. 

Sincerely, someone on the internet who can actually admit they're wrong (and wrong)

5 hours ago, jules71 said:

To those of you who have had a Deck 7 aft with the larger balcony, on Jewel, it looks like there are stairs close by— are they for passengers? Is this a good cabin?

IMG_1471.jpeg

Aside from the stair issue, we love the corner aft cabins. The views are fantastic and it is very quiet because there is not much foot traffic in the hall. I can tell you though, the walk from the Centrum elevators/stairs to the aft cabins is about 300ft./100yds. If you have mobility issues, you may want to reconsider. We enjoy the walk, it helps burn some calories.

We had Rm 7676 on a past Jewel cruise.  It's a long walk to the elevators and stairs, but worth it.  The room you are looking at has a very large balcony.  Larger than the one we had aft.  Friends of ours had a room near what you are looking ay and enjoyed it very much.