Glory Drydock Details?

Hi all,

I’ve searched here and Google, and can’t find an answer - or if there even IS a definitive answer. Is there a place with updated info / details regarding exactly what Glory will be getting done in drydock? Or… does someone here just know and can tell me?

I ask because I am booked on the first sailing out of PC on May 2 and wondering what to expect. I’m already a little nervous about being on that first voyage and need more info that might ease my mind. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious as well! We're finally in planning for our covid cancelled big family cruise and leaning towards Glory. Wondering what might be added during dry dock. Anyone know how soon in advance they release those details? Or do you not find out until after it's done?

• Like 1

In general Carnival hasn't been doing anything to their ships during drydocks except what is required to keep them seaworthy (scrape off the barnacles and repaint the hull). So don't expect any more than that. I think the only recent exception was Pride where in addition to that, they ripped out a lounge to add more cabins. They might do other small things like add an ADA lift to the main pool if Glory doesn't already have one.

Drydock details will be added here, but probably not until after the drydock is done. https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1473/~/carnival-glory-(gl)-fact-sheet

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 3

On 1/15/2024 at 5:31 PM, cruisehappyinJune said:

Hi all,

I’ve searched here and Google, and can’t find an answer - or if there even IS a definitive answer. Is there a place with updated info / details regarding exactly what Glory will be getting done in drydock? Or… does someone here just know and can tell me?

I ask because I am booked on the first sailing out of PC on May 2 and wondering what to expect. I’m already a little nervous about being on that first voyage and need more info that might ease my mind. Thanks in advance!

Fwiw, that's not the first voyage. I'll actually be on the first voyage, which is a transatlantic out of Barcelona on April 18th, and I'm not worried at all. If it will ease your concerns, I can report back during the cruise.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

Fwiw, that's not the first voyage. I'll actually be on the first voyage, which is a transatlantic out of Barcelona on April 18th, and I'm not worried at all. If it will ease your concerns, I can report back during the cruise.

Thank you! I appreciate any details you can provide once you’ve experienced it. I typically don’t care about decor and those type details, just concerned that areas may be closed off or unfinished even as they have the time on the TA to complete it, or worst case that drydock delays cause cancellations. They would probably rather delay the TA by a few days and cancel my little 4 day 😂

I knew there was a TA before my sailing but being first out of PC makes me wonder about those logistics too. Hoping it falls right in to where Liberty leaves! 

I know it sounds like I’m WAY overthinking this one, but I’ve actually done PC a lot and we have our routines. This upcoming cruise is more important than most for us. I’m “family cruise director” for me, my mom, my 21 yo daughter and elderly grandmother. It’s like herding cats already. Anticipating potential hiccups leads right to overthinking!! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 10:56 AM, MadManOfBethesda said:

My wife and I are going on this cruise as well.  Have you been on a Transatlantic before?

8 minutes ago, Surfnsnowboard3 said:

My wife and I are going on this cruise as well.  Have you been on a Transatlantic before?

Yes, probably close to 10, including two last year: Carnival Pride from Tampa to Barcelona in April & Celebrity Reflection from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale in October. And now this year in addition to the transatlantic on Glory in April, we're also doing a 25-night transpacific cruise on Panorama in October from Singapore to L.A.

10 minutes ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

Yes, probably close to 10, including two last year: Carnival Pride from Tampa to Barcelona in April & Celebrity Reflection from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale in October. And now this year in addition to the transatlantic on Glory in April, we're also doing a 25-night transpacific cruise on Panorama in October from Singapore to L.A.

That's impressive.  This is my wife and I's first TA.  She is 36 and I am 41.  We are worried about boredom or Groundhog's Day type of feel during the consecutive days at sea during the crossing.  What's your experience with this? How active does Carnival make it?