Questions on a few Camp Carnival details

bensmom1

OK, I totally struck out w/these on the family forum . . . thanks for any input!

1. Does Camp Carnival have kiddie-sized potties?

2. Will the counselors apply sunscreen, or does that count as a medication that parents need to apply? Or maybe it's not necessary--how much time do they spend insdoors / outdoors?

3. Is it correct that counselors don't take kids to the kiddie pool?

4. Our 3.5-year old still takes naps (thank God!) but I imagine we'll need to take him back to the room for that? The Carnival Capers don't mention an afternoon naptime for the 2-5 group. I think Camp is closed from 12-2 so I guess that would be the logical time . . .

Thanks!

I called Carnival because I had a few questions. I did not ask some of your questions but I did ask if you can drop them off whenever during the hours of operation so I do not think they close down from 12-2. But I could be wrong.

I'll do my best to answer your questions - we were on the Victory in February:

1. My daughter (5 years old) said the potties were regular sized toilets, although i don't know if they have anything other than that.

2. They spend all there time in the camp's playroom - I don't recall the 2-5 year olds leaving that room.

3. No they do not take the kids to the pool

4. No formal nap time - we took our 2.5 yr old back to the room for his naps each day.

If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them

Sandy

Camp Carnival closes a couple of times a day...once for lunch and once for dinner(only on certain nights). Afternoon time on sea days is usually family time. The activities involve the family. For ex they will have cookie decorating and sundae making with your family. The slide from 12-? is for family time. In that age group the only time the kids left the room was on the last night where they took them to a party in the disco. That was on the Sensation. However the younger kids 2-3 did not attend if I recall. My ds was 4 at the time and he actually was overwhelmed by the whole thing and they took him back to camp. At the camp room the kids were doing some quiet activities.

We are taking them on their 3rd cruise in July and they love to cruise. Enjoy!

Camp Carnival does close from 12 to 2 each day, but the playroom is open during that time to the under-2 set accompanied by a parent. It's also closed during dinner the first and last nights. When in camp, the 2-5 group generally stays put, but the older groups move around.

Archived