GoPro Accessories for an Alaskan Cruise??

LEMJMcC

The wife received a GoPro at Christmas from her very thoughtful husband.  As they are planning their first cruise to Alaska, taking a whale-watching excursion in Juneau, a railway/biking excursion in Skagway, and a Butchart Gardens tour in Victoria, not to mention some random hiking/walking around ports whenever possible, what are the best accessories to make the best use of the camera?

Thanks.

I had a Go Pro for years and used it in a number of ways.  I mounted it on my snowmobile and helmet.  I had a mounting stick to use for selfies.  I used a tripod and I also had a mount for my chest.  The problem with the Go Pro is that it's small and holding it still is very difficult.  You don't want you vid to be bouncing around so you need to get the settings right.  It's more about the settings then pairing that up with the right accessories.  It took me awhile to get good vid content.  Also, it took awhile to learn video editing.  My Go Pro originally came with a video editor, but there used to be aftermarket editors.   Look at content on you tube and other places.  There are some good "beginner guides" out there.   Watch vids then practice before you go.