Brazilian Visa Required? Anyone else?

Has anyone had any issues traveling on a Celebrity Cruise and traveling to Mexico?

Brazilians are required to obtain a visa by air and sea but on the Mexican consular site it states

"Foreigners of any country traveling to Mexico on leisure trips visiting Mexican Maritime Ports by cruise, are not required to obtain a visa or consular stamp. The passenger must carry a valid and not expired passport or travel document"

Celebrity is clueless. I have tried contacting consulates both in Los Angeles and Miami and they responde with this quote although at the pier I have heard of issues.

For clarification purposes, I believe that you are a Brazilian, inquiring about the need for a visa to enter Mexico.

According to the Mexican government Foreign Ministry website [link], you are correct, a visa is not required for visitors traveling on cruise ships that disembark at any Mexican port to visit the port and leave on the same ship to continue their voyage.

You should be OK traveling without a visa, but if you want to be 100% safe, get a visa anyways.

Happy travels!

Edited by tjunmin