Reservations even at 9:30-10??

mcello77

Hey all,

Sailing on The Jewel in 12 DAYS woohoo! My family tends to eat on the late side of the evening so I figured we will go to the first seating of shows and then have dinner a bit after around 9:30. Are the restaurants still busy at that time? Would be great to just play it by ear and not have to reserve though we are a group of 12. Any thoughts from those who have experienced it? We are looking to try Cagney's, Mama's, LeBistro and Tsar's for sure as well as Teppanyaki which I know I will probably need to reserve for sure. Thanks!

I often eat at 9:30 and it is a great time. The rush is over. You will still need reservations at the specialty resturants if for no other reason then trying to find a table to hold 12.

If you are willing to break up the gang eating late nomally is easy. Just avoid the rush right after the first show gets out around 8:30. By 9:30 all those that came in at the 7-8 peak are out of there and off to the late show.

Hey all,

Sailing on The Jewel in 12 DAYS woohoo! My family tends to eat on the late side of the evening so I figured we will go to the first seating of shows and then have dinner a bit after around 9:30. Are the restaurants still busy at that time? Would be great to just play it by ear and not have to reserve though we are a group of 12. Any thoughts from those who have experienced it? We are looking to try Cagney's, Mama's, LeBistro and Tsar's for sure as well as Teppanyaki which I know I will probably need to reserve for sure. Thanks!

I, personally, would make those ressies when I board the ship.

Since you know that you will be dining late..and you have a group of 12...I would book it.

Especially at Teppanyaki...you will almost fill a whole table

There is no rhyme or reason to what/how many are booked on any given night.

You will LOVE the Jewel;)

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Eating later is great, because the dining room should be less crowded at that point, but I agree with the other comments, make reservations!

Even though the dining room will not be packed to capacity at that hour, there are a limited number of tables available for large groups, so it's better to have a reservation.

I must agree with the others, if you want all 12 of you to sit together you should still make reservations: if you don't mind being separated but still close you would not need to bother. NMNita

We found that out - Ruth, dinner reservation for 28 please :D

Archived