Pompeii - buying guided tour at the time of entrance?

UKWildcatCruiser

I have set up a group tour through SharingToursinItaly (RomeinLimo) for the port stop in Naples.  There will be a max of 6 people in my group.  If we book a tour guide for the Pompeii portion through them, the cost is 150 euros (does not included entrance fee) which seems high.  Does anyone know if you can book a guide upon entrance and approximately what the cost is?  The Pompeii website doesn't have that much info.  This is an off-season cruise (Naples stop is 27-Feb) so I don't expect it to be too crowded but you never know.

36 minutes ago, UKWildcatCruiser said:

I have set up a group tour through SharingToursinItaly (RomeinLimo) for the port stop in Naples.  There will be a max of 6 people in my group.  If we book a tour guide for the Pompeii portion through them, the cost is 150 euros (does not included entrance fee) which seems high.  Does anyone know if you can book a guide upon entrance and approximately what the cost is?  The Pompeii website doesn't have that much info.  This is an off-season cruise (Naples stop is 27-Feb) so I don't expect it to be too crowded but you never know.

That is a reasonable price. It comes to 25 euros/pp.  The tour can last over 2 hours and you would not expect a guide to work for less.

There may be tours available at the gate, but you may have to wait around until the guide gets enough people to make it worth it for them. Or you may have to agree on a price for your group.

• Like 1