Balcony dividers on Spirit/Pride class question

Brian Zen

Hi All-

I know this is probably a past topic, but since I still can't get the search function to work, I will just ask it again.

I have heard something about the balcony dividers on Spirit class being openable (is that a word?). Is this true? Is it just the top part or can cruisers actually walk the balcony from one cabin to another.

The reason I ask is we have several cabins on Pride this October and in a couple areas we have a few cabins in a row together and I want to know if we will be able to open the dividers so we can all socialize and circulate together.

Thanks for the info!

Brian

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

Until Carnival Pride and the Mexican Riviera!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Explorer of the Seas-September 14, 2002

Radiance of the Seas-October 8, 2003

Guest kernfam01

We are booked on the miracle. From the pic of the balconies I have seen, and some other posts I have read, it looks like their is a door in between. From what I understand it sounds like the steward unlocks it for you. Good for us bcuz my parents are right next door to us, kids will love it! I have a pic I can e mail you if you'ld like

kernfam01 @ msn.com

Guest kernfam01

I wish I was that lucky! We are not going till March. Good for me though, gives me time to read the boards, and learn all about this crusin stuff! I'm a planner, I need time to work my magic!! LOL!! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info everyone!

We were lucky enough to get 3 cabins in a row that include 7258 AND 7260, with the super long balconies. So if that door opens it will be great. We have at least 25+ people that will be on this family reunion cruise, so that would be a great way to gather.

Thanks again,

Brian

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sorry to spoil but we were going to book the Miracleand were told both by our TA and Carnival rep that the dividers on the Miracle can't be folded away. So we booked the Valor which has basically the same itinary as the Miracle. The Valor is Conquest class and as we had a balcony on the Conquest in Feb. we know for A FACT THAT THEY DO FOLD. nY ADVICE IS CHECK WITH YOUR ta OR cARNIVAL TO FIND OUT FOR SURE.

04/03/05 Valor

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;3;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Yes they can be opened. Ours was open when we first got on the ship back in April. I guess the previous cruisers were together. Not only was it unlocked but it would not stay shut until the steward finially locked it after we asked him to 3 times.

Also the partitions are this opaque like material so you can see your neighbor's outline if they are out on the balcony. I can't believe ANYONE would have sex out there as I have read some posts unless they like to put on a show for others or something.

Carnival Tropicale 10/15/98 Western Caribbean

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/22/99 Bahamas

Carnival Fascination 09/23/00 Southern caribbean

HAL Statendam 05/20/01 Alaska

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/08/01 Bahamas

Pacific Princess 09/29/02 Bermuda

Carnival Inspiration 12/14/03 Western caribbean

Carnival Miracle 04/09/04 Bahamas

We were on the Pride in January and we had the steward open the balconies for our group (about 5 in a row). But I believe it has to be done while in port. So they wouldn't be able to open them until PV. At least that is what we were told.

Vette

NCL Norway

Carnival Holiday

NCL Sun

NCL Sea

NCL Wind

Carnival Celebration

RCI Splendour of the Seas

Carnival Pride 1/04

NCL Sea 9/18

Caribbean Princess 2/05

So if the crew has to open it, then I take it they are not something that can be opened and closed easily like a cabin door? I guess we would have to make a decision on if we wanted the door opened or closed for a period of hours or days. Is this true or once the crew has done their thing, can it then be opened and closed by us?

Thanks again for all the help on this!

Brian

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

The crew opens and closes it. Once it is opened, it is bolted into place. So, you must decide if you want it opened for the whole cruise, cause once it's opened it stays open until the crew shuts it.

It is nice when you have a group of rooms together, but you do lose some privacy.

Vette

NCL Norway

Carnival Holiday

NCL Sun

NCL Sea

NCL Wind

Carnival Celebration

RCI Splendour of the Seas

Carnival Pride 1/04

NCL Sea 9/18

Caribbean Princess 2/05

Just returned from Triumph. We had adjacent cabins, and our steward did unlock the partition beetween our balconies. It was still a little cumbersome, since the divider was hinged and covered either one or the other of the balcony doors. When it was fully opened you could walk between the balconies. Just a little awkward having to move it back and forth.

I was a little spoiled with RCCL's sliding doors (makes much more sense) than having to maneuver past the divider all week.

Minor inconvenience though - you'll love the balcony!

Happy Sailing!

Big Red Boat 6/1989

RCCL Song of America 2/1991

Regent Rainbow 1/1992

NCL Seaward 5/1993

Carnival Fantasy 7/1993

Carnival Ecstasy 6/1994

RCCL Nordic Empress 4/1995, 7/1996, 8/1997

NCL Leeward 4/1997

RCCL Sovereign 5/1998

RCCL Nordic Empress 8/2000

RCCL Majesty 6/2003

Carnival Sensation 7/03

Glory 7/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;05;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

`Triumph 5/29

Thanks for the info on the Triumph balconies. We just booked 3 balcony rooms that are in a row, so it will work out pretty good.

• 5 years later...
Deviders on Spirit class do open. However, you may not be able to do so. Our steward told us he was not allowed to do so, that it was at the discretion of the Captain and on the Spirit it was a no go.

Hummmm, Just off Spirit a few months ago & we had our dividers open the entire cruise, either a different captain or he was just in a good mood that week....or it was a different ship.

We've sailed on Spirit Class ships many times and have been able to have the balcony dividers opened every time. The room steward cannot do it - you have to sign up when you first get on ship at the pursers desk. They only allow so many per sailing. Then they send someone from maintenance usually the first morning to open and they close the last afternoon. They have a clamp that hold divider open so it blocks some of your view. We always have extended balcony so it's not too blocked. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info everyone!

We were lucky enough to get 3 cabins in a row that include 7258 AND 7260, with the super long balconies. So if that door opens it will be great. We have at least 25+ people that will be on this family reunion cruise, so that would be a great way to gather.

Thanks again,

Brian

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

You are in luck! We had 7256, 7258 and 7260 on the Legend and had the dividers open! Here are a few pictures. It allowed great storage for my sisters wheelchair too!

2316186750064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2355599010064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2399457940064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Wow... an old thread comes back to life; the original question was in 2004... but if anyone is looking for current info, gail811 is absolutley right! On the Legend, and I assume the Spirit class ships, you MUST go to the purser's desk/guest services to sign up to have your balcony divider open. People from both cabins must be present. Try to do it as soon as you board, because we're told they do limit them. They will open it the following day. Ours was open the next morning, and we were first on the sign-up list.

Archived