Upgrade fairy came! Is this good?

goudaman40

Hi, we are sailing on the Miracle on 05/14 and book a guarntee 4a (military discount). We were upgraded to 5a room 4203. It looks bigger than the normal rooms, but it is showing directly behind the elevators. Is it going to be louder than normal? Has anyone stayed in a room similar to this?

Sorry for all of the questions, just a little excited!:p

If your new room is a HC accessible room the main difference is that the entrance door is wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair and the bathroom is much larger with a "roll in" shower. Everything else is pretty much the same, I believe. I have always had a HC room since I use a wheelchair.

If Carnival has assigned a HC room to someone who is not HC, I am a little dissappointed in that. It is often difficult for us to take a cruise we would like to because of the scarcity of the HC rooms. We were lucky enough to get a HC room on the Glory recently.

In any event, have a wonderful cruise and thanks to the military for the great work you do!

Southall,

Thanks for the response . . . I was curious to see if it is a HC room, because, if it is, I would like to call them & free up the room for someone that really could use accomodations like this.

My mil is in a wheelchair w/ no use of her right side, so my husband and I are very familar with the problems to get a room to meet her needs. We will get a room that has HC access, but no roll in shower. I always explain that we need a wheelchair accessible room, but it never fails, the shower is always a standard tub with assistance bars and a shower chair. I can't tell you how many times we have had to go back down to managment to get the room situation corrected. I always call the hotel directly and explain exactly what we need for the room; the only place I didn't have a problem was Disney's Old Key West resort.

Ok, I'm off of my soap box. I just wanted to check and see if this room was HC or not; how can you tell on the ship layout?

Goudaman,

Since you did book a guarantee and your cruise is what? 6 weeks out? You could still be moved before you get to the pier. Especially since Carnival assigned you to an HC room. If anybody came along and needs the HC room, I would like to think Carnival would reassign you in a minute.

Either way it goes, I hope you have a wonderful time

We have friends that are traveling with us, and they are in room 4207 . . . we have been joking that all we have to do is stumble off of the elevator and either go right or left and we would be in our rooms in no time. This is great for our friends, the last time they were in Cozumel (all inclusive) the wife drank too much and was dragged back to the room. She lost all of her toenail polish and everything!

thanks again!

Archived