FLL to POM

CroozeNoob

Good afternoon everyone! We have booked our cruise for this coming August, and we are trying to figure out where to stay the night before our sail away out of Miami. We are flying into the Fort Lauderdale airport around 8:30 the night before, so I could imagine transportation options that will get us closer to the port may be a little slim. Should we just book somewhere near Fort Lauderdale, and take an Uber the next day around lunch into the port? Does anyone have experience doing this?

I always use SAS shuttles.  They will pick up at FLL hotels to transport to the Port of Miami - so if you  haven't reserved a hotel yet, you might want to check their list of hotel pick ups on their website.  You can also schedule pick up back to FLL postcruise.  https://www.ridesas.com/

Uber/cab is another option.  Could be surge pricing on Uber tho since its a cruise morning.  I've found if you start checking close to when you are getting ready to leave, keep refreshing the app...I've had the price drop if I don't book the first time. 

As a last resort, if you get a hotel with free airport shuttle, you could take it back to FLL in the morning and get the Carnival shuttle, usually picking up at baggage claim (tix found under Shore Excursions for embarkation day in Miami).  But that would probably be a last resort since its kinda convoluted unless its noticeably cheaper than Uber and you're watching budget.  :)

There should be an option too for the Carnival shuttle back to FLL if you want to do that.  But with their buses, you have to sit and wait for it to fill up, which you don't want to do if you have to catch an early flight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 4:39 PM, cruisin*tigger said:

I always use SAS shuttles.  They will pick up at FLL hotels to transport to the Port of Miami - so if you  haven't reserved a hotel yet, you might want to check their list of hotel pick ups on their website.  You can also schedule pick up back to FLL postcruise.  https://www.ridesas.com/

Uber/cab is another option.  Could be surge pricing on Uber tho since its a cruise morning.  I've found if you start checking close to when you are getting ready to leave, keep refreshing the app...I've had the price drop if I don't book the first time. 

As a last resort, if you get a hotel with free airport shuttle, you could take it back to FLL in the morning and get the Carnival shuttle, usually picking up at baggage claim (tix found under Shore Excursions for embarkation day in Miami).  But that would probably be a last resort since its kinda convoluted unless its noticeably cheaper than Uber and you're watching budget.  :)

There should be an option too for the Carnival shuttle back to FLL if you want to do that.  But with their buses, you have to sit and wait for it to fill up, which you don't want to do if you have to catch an early flight.

• Like 1

SAS transportation is the worst, they used to be great but after i prepaid they left us holding the bag. never will use them again, read the trip advisor reviews on them

• Like 2