Bolette cabins

44 minutes ago, Mrs Tinkywinky said:

We are about to book  Bolette from Liverpool in June.

Has anyone been in a cabin on Deck3 which has a fully restricted view? I assume the view is restricted due to the life boats. 

No lifeboats are above deck three.  The restriction is from the structure of the ship which comes down completely for some fairly long sections to the back and possibly front as well.  You will still see a bit obliquely if you are right by the window and look sideways.  Must have a fair bit of light restriction.  Those cabins to the rear probably have a fair bit of noise from propellers or thrusters if going into a port early morning, but we have not been in them ourselves. 

Thankyou for the reply , that is really helpful. I have looked at the deck plans and I think a Deck 2 cabin midships may be better. We were on Borealis last time on Deck 6 but I could hear the bar music upto about 24.00 I am quite a light sleeper

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrs Tinkywinky said:

Thankyou for the reply , that is really helpful. I have looked at the deck plans and I think a Deck 2 cabin midships may be better. We were on Borealis last time on Deck 6 but I could hear the bar music upto about 24.00 I am quite a light sleeper

Yes, should be better or deck one midships as an alternative and that is a tad cheaper.  The prom deck is above deck two, though Fred do not allow running or power walking on prom deck so should be OK and I have seen some comments suggesting nothing is heard from above.  I suspect there may be some noise at times though.  Also, be aware that some cabins have adjoining doors to the next cabin, so may have some noise transmission through that, though again we have not been in one of those cabins.  We tend to be extremely fussy about cabin location though as we live in a very quiet area, so I am easily disturbed by the slightest of noise.  DH will sleep through quite a lot though 🙂

Overall the deck one and two cabins are well spoken of by a lot of people and they are big, well appointed cabins.  The kitchens are on deck four between mid and rear lifts, so can cause a disturbance to deck three cabins underneath that.

Hope this helps and you are happy with your choice,

Barbara

Edited by tring

Thankyou Tring. It looks like the lay-out is very similar to Borealis which we went on 2 years ago . I'm sure it will be ok. Only been on two other ships but I like the fact Fred goes from Liverpool as we are only 35 mins away and I was impressed overall with the ship.

• Like 1