San Diego Parking

34 minutes ago, MightyCruiser said:

Is there anywhere safe and reasonable to park our car for an 11 day Holland cruise in Dec. 

Many people on our Roll Call found the Best Western Yacht Harbor had the best parking and -- depending on how far out the cruise was, also the most reasonable room rate! We ended up booking a night, before embarking for 35-days! The parking rate was 7-days free and $5/day after that!

We had been going to just drive down from the next county north on the day-of, and park at the best-rate parking garage which at the time was Bayfront Garage Cruise Parking through AirportParkingConnection.com. But BWYH with the night's room was a LOT less.

Be sure you have the right Best Western. They do also have a shuttle to the port, but there are so many of us there next month, we're figuring to use a taxi or Uber.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

Many people on our Roll Call found the Best Western Yacht Harbor had the best parking and -- depending on how far out the cruise was, also the most reasonable room rate! We ended up booking a night, before embarking for 35-days! The parking rate was 7-days free and $5/day after that!

We had been going to just drive down from the next county north on the day-of, and park at the best-rate parking garage which at the time was Bayfront Garage Cruise Parking through AirportParkingConnection.com. But BWYH with the night's room was a LOT less.

Be sure you have the right Best Western. They do also have a shuttle to the port, but there are so many of us there next month, we're figuring to use a taxi or Uber.

We always use the Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel when we cruise out of San Diego!  We will use them again for our March 14 day solar eclipse cruise on the Zaandam.  Part of their garage is underground, but there is plenty of parking on the upper level. I am a Best Western Rewards member (free) and sometimes they have flash sales for members.  For our 28 day B2B Panama Canal cruise they didn't charge us the $5 a day (which we are more than happy to pay) because we were Rewards Members🙂.

I always call the hotel direct first to verify  that we can leave our car with them and they will have a shuttle then I book the cruise!  I book well in advance, there will be 3 ships in port on our sail date and it's Easter weekend.   They run 2 shuttles you must sign up for when you check in.  They are complimentary but gratuities are appreciated.  A bonus is the restaurant Pizza Nova is across the street at the yacht harbor....more than just pizza!  The shuttle will take you back to the Hotel post cruise, but we always take a cab.

• Like 2

Thanks for the help. San Diego parking is not very friendly. I have tons of hotel points with Marriott, Hyatt, and Hilton but with parking fees for 12 days (first 7 free) I will save my points and buy a room at the Yacht Club.

12 hours ago, MightyCruiser said:

Thanks for the help. San Diego parking is not very friendly. I have tons of hotel points with Marriott, Hyatt, and Hilton but with parking fees for 12 days (first 7 free) I will save my points and buy a room at the Yacht Club.

Happy to help!  It's not the Marriott, but it is clean, friendly and safe.  We have stayed there for the last 10 years.  The front desk is always helpful and the included breakfast is adequate.  There are a number of restaurants within walking distance, which is a plus!

• Thanks 1