Shared tables for YTD dinner

pellanor

On 1/26/2024 at 11:32 AM, Butterbean1000 said:

I'm guessing religious reasons, they were giving off that vibe.  Good for them, but I never impose my religious beliefs on anyone.  BTW, drank our wine at dinner.  We ate a lot of our meals away from the MDR that cruise.

Good for you!  It's always the religious people who impose on the non-religious, never the other way around.  I cannot tell you how many times I've been in situations.....

On 1/26/2024 at 9:38 AM, jsglow said:

Wow. That's awfully presumptuous of them. I honestly wonder why they would have taken that position? 

Right?  If liquor offends you then a cruise may not be a good fit.  Alcohol is everywhere!

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 1:11 PM, 1BDNANA said:

Shoot...If we put a hidden camera on our kids and grandkids when they hit their teens they would never make it to 21 without shekels and a ball and chain on them. Heck when i was a teen in the 60s as soon as I got to school, I would flip the waistband of my skirt over so my skirt would be a mini, put on some lipstick and blush that I had hidden in my locker and boom I went from little girl with braids to a groovy chic💄. We all did it and you know it...The bad part is every generation pushes the level of what they show off and what they could do in public farther and farther. We are only a few generations from pasties and thongs walking in the mall shopping.🤯

LOL  oh I definitely wasn't judging that young lady!  I was just very amused at being able to see both sides of her, while poor gramma was completed fooled!   At dinner she would brag about the young lady and what a wonderful example she was to others her age...  yada yada yada...   it was quite comical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, angelsfort said:

LOL  oh I definitely wasn't judging that young lady!  I was just very amused at being able to see both sides of her, while poor gramma was completed fooled!   At dinner she would brag about the young lady and what a wonderful example she was to others her age...  yada yada yada...   it was quite comical.

I'd probably be more offended by the grandma.  

2 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

I'd probably be more offended by the grandma.  

why?  She was just a loving grandmother, doting on her granddaughter...  and a bit blind to the ways of teenagers.  LOL

Considering how close the YTD tables are to the next table?  You might as well be sharing anyway.  I think there hasn't been one time that my wife hasn't started a conversation with the tables next to us.