Galaxy April 24th

travel11dee

I did the train ride in the dome car and must say that as an excursion I thought it overpriced. My view may be somewhat clouded by the fact that it poured with rain the day we did it and we didn't see an awful lot. We also missed the tour of the Miraflores Lock, which would have been interesting and we received a part credit back. The beverages we got on the train were basic as was the boxed lunch on the coach going back.

Having said that, I was pleased that we got off the ship rather than hang around for it to go back through Gatun Locks.

Phil

My wife took it last week and said it was okay except for the fact it was 3 hours late getting back and they barely had time to catch the ship. The guide said they will probably do away with it in another year or so due to the delays caused by waiting for freight trains that are making more money than a few hundred tourists.

We are also on 4/24 Galaxy. Have booked Oscar Brown in Costa Rica. If you contact him he will send you a list of his tours. He was very quick at responding to my email and booking with him. According to all the reviews I have read Oscar Brown will be great. I am so ready to leave NOW! His email is limonense03@yahoo.com.

Mudbugntx

Archived