Valiant Lady / Live / Feb 3 - 10 2024

scubagal44

11 hours ago, Sherry84 said:

Awesome, I hope they offer this event on my cruise next week. Great pix, what’s the trick to make them look so cool? 

Ahoy there, fellow seafarer! Hubby back again with some behind-the-scenes antics because, well, someone's got to spill the beans on those jaw-dropping snapshots! 📸😄 

Now, let's give a round of applause to the Happenings Cast for being the unsung heroes of phone photography tutorials. Seriously, they're like the Yoda of smartphone settings, guiding us through the mystical realms of Shot for Shot and also, Plate, Snap, Eat. 

As for me and my trusty iPhone, portrait mode with the stage light setting was the magic potion. And hey, if you're itching to level up your photography game, dive into the treasure trove of YouTube tutorials on portrait mode. 

So, fair winds and happy snapping, mateys! May your shots be as epic as a pirate's plunder! 📸

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Scuba_Tom said:

Ahoy there, fellow seafarer! Hubby back again with some behind-the-scenes antics because, well, someone's got to spill the beans on those jaw-dropping snapshots! 📸😄 

Now, let's give a round of applause to the Happenings Cast for being the unsung heroes of phone photography tutorials. Seriously, they're like the Yoda of smartphone settings, guiding us through the mystical realms of Shot for Shot and also, Plate, Snap, Eat. 

As for me and my trusty iPhone, portrait mode with the stage light setting was the magic potion. And hey, if you're itching to level up your photography game, dive into the treasure trove of YouTube tutorials on portrait mode. 

So, fair winds and happy snapping, mateys! May your shots be as epic as a pirate's plunder! 📸

Awesome, thank you!! 

37 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

Tonight is Scarlet Night. We also have dinner here back at the Wake. Did not intend to come here twice today, but I guess I'll make that sacrifice. 😆

I did that on our last cruise, didn't realize it either. No regrets!! 

• Haha 1

French toast and steak and eggs. I always get steak and eggs here, but went with the French toast this time. Luckily hubby got the steak and eggs so I still got a bite. Both were yum!

20240207_091915.jpg

20240207_091923.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sherry84 said:

I did that on our last cruise, didn't realize it either. No regrets!! 

In our case we did it knowingly, it just wasn't ideal but needed to happen lol. We had it booked for the first sea day, but had to reschedule due to a conflict with Plate, Snap, Eat. Today was the only other day we could reschedule for,  et voila, here we are. 

I'm sure there will be no regrets later, either! 

• Like 2

It's looking pretty gray and dreary out there. 

Fun fact, over the course of my previous Med and Caribbean VV sailings, I've never experienced the Scarlet Night pool party because it has always been moved indoors due to adverse conditions/weather. 

I was extremely hopeful that this would be the sailing to break the streak, but it's not looking promising. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me, sailors! 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

Crepe cake for dessert! This is one of my fav desserts on the ship, it never disappoints. 😋 

20240207_093718.jpg

Looks delicious. Never tried this before, I think I may have to next week 😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sherry84 said:

Looks delicious. Never tried this before, I think I may have to next week 😉

You must! I only ever get it once per voyage because I never do Wake breakfast/brunch more than once per week, but I look forward to it so much!! 

• Like 3

A random woman walking by just stopped and asked if she could take a picture of me lounging here and reading to send to her friend who has never cruised and is afraid of getting seasick and hates the sun. 

My relaxation must be palpable. 😆 

• Haha 8

24 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

A random woman walking by just stopped and asked if she could take a picture of me lounging here and reading to send to her friend who has never cruised and is afraid of getting seasick and hates the sun. 

My relaxation must be palpable. 😆 

How do you hate the sun, lol?? I mean unless you're a vampire 🤣

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

Hubby is off to play in a poker tournament, and I'm going to continue holding down the fort on the big bed thing in the corner of the Dock House. I love this spot! 

Seriously did I mention how much I love the dock house?? If hubby can't find me guess where he looks 😉

• Like 4

On 2/1/2024 at 2:51 PM, fsdorado said:

Definitely following along!!  We're on the same itinerary on March 2nd!!  Glad you made it to San Juan safely!!  I'm curious about how embarkation is...  The first one was a cluster, from what I've seen.  I'm hoping they get it figured out before we board.

Frederick

HEY!  I know you.  Our kids played hockey together as squirts at Plano house league.  I was last minute coach, you were assistant, and we weaseled our way to the championship game, even though we had no business being there.  Dan

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

HEY!  I know you.  Our kids played hockey together as squirts at Plano house league.  I was last minute coach, you were assistant, and we weaseled our way to the championship game, even though we had no business being there.  Dan

LOL, small world!!  I remember that team.  Alex went on to play travel hockey, Varsity High School hockey and Club hockey in college.  He's a captain in the Army now (and doesn't have a lot of opportunity to play hockey).

Frederick

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sherry84 said:

How do you hate the sun, lol?? I mean unless you're a vampire 🤣

An acquaintance is sensitive to sunlight. Going out in bright sunlight without extreme protection is actually painful.

Ahoy, sailors! Captain Hubby here with a quick poker update: I joined a $55 buy-in tournament with 10 players, boasting a $500 prize pool (split $250-$150-$100), which means a 10% rake. The game unfolded on an electronic table with blinds escalating every 10 minutes. And in case you’re wondering, yes, I emerged victorious! 🃏💰

Cashier reports that winnings can be collected as cash, used in further games for more winnings 😂 or applied to the room account!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Bubbles and Fried Chicken! This was another paid event, this time at Razzle Dazzle. Simon the Foodie made a brief appearance at the outset, but it was fully run and presented by John the sommelier. 

I'll say that we enjoyed it, but it's not the type of chill/laid back/casual experience of Shot for Shot or Plate, Snap, Eat. This was very much an educational experience about champagne, which for us was all stuff we already know (we're very well versed in the production process of champagne/sparkling wine and its history lololol). The presentation itself was pretty dry, pun intended, but the bubbles more than made up for it. 

Being poured was Moët, Veuve Clicquot, and Dom Perignon, all paired with fried chicken.  I've read recent reports that the RD fried chicken was dry and inedible, but this was good and a fun pairing. Perhaps they save the edible batches for paid events. 😆 

I can say that I certainly was not expecting this calibre of wines being poured, it was a very pleasant surprise. We even got seconds of everything, including the Dom! Cheers! 🥂🍾🍾🍾

20240207_140226.jpg

20240207_140238.jpg

20240207_141742.jpg

20240207_150507.jpg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Scuba_Tom said:

Ahoy, sailors! Captain Hubby here with a quick poker update: I joined a $55 buy-in tournament with 10 players, boasting a $500 prize pool (split $250-$150-$100), which means a 10% rake. The game unfolded on an electronic table with blinds escalating every 10 minutes. And in case you’re wondering, yes, I emerged victorious! 🃏💰

Cashier reports that winnings can be collected as cash, used in further games for more winnings 😂 or applied to the room account!

That’s awesome, congrats! 

• Like 1