Msc fly and cruise query

Amyjh

I'm going on the MSC Sinfornia in June (booked through a travel agent) the flight details say to be advised. We will be flying from Manchester to Venice. When I've looked they have flights for London Heathrow. Just worrying as we don't know our flight times, who we are flying with and what baggage allowance we have. Anyone had the same issue before? 

While I've never booked Air with MSC (because MSC doesn't sell Air in the U.S. market), I've purchased Air through NCL and Princess. The airfare portion of your package is typically booked around 60 days before sailing. Thus, you won't likely receive your flight information until sometime in April. At that time you'll see what airlines you're on and look up other information.* If you have a travel agent, the info will likely be sent to them who will then forward it to you. Your Agent should have explained all of this to you.

* The flight information sent to you should include airline(s) Record Locators/Confirmation numbers. Once you have it/them, you can go to that airline(s) website and input the number and review further information including seat selection, baggage allowances, etc.

Done 2 fly/cruises with MSC, both from LHR to Dubai.  I was able to choose the airport at booking.  Both times we had  standard check in luggage, 1 piece per person plus a carryon.  Flight was overnight from UK to land early morning in Dubai for transfer to the ship so I expect your flight would be timed to land in Venice mid morning, meaning an early morning departure from the UK.  Only 4 months out MSC should know your flight, I'd press your travel agent for details.

The transfer to/from the airport  from/to the ship were handled really well by MSC.

Hi thank you for this. I have spoken to the travel agent again and they said flights won't get released until 16 weeks or less till the holiday. But like you said, when I've gone to book direct on msc website I can book flights for London! So makes no sense?! Plus I have tried booking the same holiday but in April and there isn't any flights available either.