Le Jacques-Cartier

highplanesdrifters

First, a BIG thank you to all the Ponant posters for great trip ideas, solid advice and information.  The status match advice was megga.

I'm getting ready to book our first Ponant on Le Jacques-Cartier.  The price difference between Prestige Deck 5 & 6 is a bit.  Besides the obvious higher floor, is there something more to justify the price difference.  I'm also surprised that the Privilege is priced more than the Prestige.  I guess it does get a butler and a deeper balcony, but the Prestige has 2 bathrooms and is larger. 

Will someone wave their magic wand so I can book the Owners Suite?

Any advice or comments much appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 2

Excellent news!

Unless the cabin is aft of the main elevators, we prefer deck 5 over 6. Six has quite a bit of traffic from the photo studio and observation lounge.

We also prefer the Privilege Suite. Yes, it's smaller, but it's an actual suite instead of two adjoining cabins reconfigured into a suite -- though, if you have an early riser, the Prestige suite does make a good area for that person.

I assume the Grand Deluxe Suites are already booked? They have most of the amenities of the Owner's Suite, aside from the Jacuzzi.

Edited by AussieBoyTX

We have only been on one trip, and were fortunate to be in the Owner's Suite has it wasn't outrageous. We definitely are of the mind, though, that the Grand Deluxe Suite would be much preferable for us, since it's the same (minus the hot tub), but considerably less on the trips we've looked at. If that wasn't an option we would definitely choose the Privilege Suite and have two bathrooms! We were also very pleased about the status match. Good luck!

5 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

We also prefer the Privilege Suite. Yes, it's smaller, but it's an actual suite instead of two adjoining cabins reconfigured into a suite -- though, if you have an early riser, the Prestige suite does make a good area for that person.

That was exactly our thinking, and why we went for the Privilege Suite on Le CC for our upcoming ocean voyage. We have only had the Prestige STATEROOMS (half of a Prestige Suite) on Le Bellot and Le Laperouse so this will be a big upgrade for us!

• Like 1

Many thanks, @jpalbny @Becky2010 and @AussieBoyTX.

Very helpful intel.  TA is in the process of booking . She reports that Ponant staff have been helpful and attentive. 

For the first 7 night leg we are grabbing  a Prestige Suite. Although I prefer the larger single suite concept, two bathrooms won.  It's only 7 nights and it will be nice to get a feel for the suite. We will ask for a tour of the other suites if possible. Unlike the first leg, the good news is the Grand Deluxe was available for the second 11 night leg. Yipeee! We have requested the GDS for the first leg if it becomes available. 

The Owners suite with the Jacuzzi was $47,000 more than what we have chosen.  The 25% Ponant Bonus does not apply.  No wonder it was available.  Our TA has offered to get us a blow up kiddie pool so we dont feel slighted.😁

We have had Ponant on the radar for quite awhile and are so pleased to finally slip this trip in.  It is due in no small part the help from all the Ponant posters!

JP - can't wait for the Le CC report!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Many thanks, @jpalbny @Becky2010 and @AussieBoyTX.

Very helpful intel.  TA is in the process of booking . She reports that Ponant staff have been helpful and attentive. 

For the first 7 night leg we are grabbing  a Prestige Suite. Although I prefer the larger single suite concept, two bathrooms won.  It's only 7 nights and it will be nice to get a feel for the suite. We will ask for a tour of the other suites if possible. Unlike the first leg, the good news is the Grand Deluxe was available for the second 11 night leg. Yipeee! We have requested the GDS for the first leg if it becomes available. 

The Owners suite with the Jacuzzi was $47,000 more than what we have chosen.  The 25% Ponant Bonus does not apply.  No wonder it was available.  Our TA has offered to get us a blow up kiddie pool so we dont feel slighted.😁

We have had Ponant on the radar for quite awhile and are so pleased to finally slip this trip in.  It is due in no small part the help from all the Ponant posters!

JP - can't wait for the Le CC report!

The jacuzzi on our trip actually sloshed all over the place. It was somewhat comical. Everything was wet all of the time! 

21 minutes ago, Becky2010 said:

The jacuzzi on our trip actually sloshed all over the place. It was somewhat comical. Everything was wet all of the time! 

Sounds like you had your own little water park.  Did they charge extra for that? 😃  From videos it looks like it takes up a bit of room on the deck.  Did you feel that way?

2 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Sounds like you had your own little water park.  Did they charge extra for that? 😃  From videos it looks like it takes up a bit of room on the deck.  Did you feel that way?

No - not at all. I can’t believe I didn’t take any pictures!! There was quite a lot of room. It was huge. There’s a table and chairs and two really nice loungers that we could pull in and out of the shade/rain. The hot tub was a pretty weird and shallow one. Very unusual design. We absolutely used it and enjoyed it, but there’s no possible way that we got thousands of dollars of enjoyment from it (the price difference between the owners and the grand deluxe) I’ve seen on other cruises we’ve looked at). We definitely were spoiled by it. It will be very hard to be in a small cabin after that. The room  also had two toilets and the bathroom was amazing. Waking up in that room was spectacular. 

IMG_7398.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Becky2010 said:

No - not at all. I can’t believe I didn’t take any pictures!! There was quite a lot of room. It was huge. There’s a table and chairs and two really nice loungers that we could pull in and out of the shade/rain. The hot tub was a pretty weird and shallow one. Very unusual design. We absolutely used it and enjoyed it, but there’s no possible way that we got thousands of dollars of enjoyment from it (the price difference between the owners and the grand deluxe) I’ve seen on other cruises we’ve looked at). We definitely were spoiled by it. It will be very hard to be in a small cabin after that. The room  also had two toilets and the bathroom was amazing. Waking up in that room was spectacular. 

IMG_7398.jpeg

That scene looks heavenly.   So happy we got the GDS for the second leg.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Quick question.

As per your excellent suggestions, ditching the 6th floor. Any spots on the 5th floor to avoid?

The only traffic on Deck 5 is to the Bridge, so it's exceptionally quiet. I would probably avoid being directly around the forward elevator -- but in actuality, we haven't been in a cabin on any deck were we were disturbed by more than the very occasional outside noise -- even on Deck 3.

17 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

The only traffic on Deck 5 is to the Bridge, so it's exceptionally quiet. I would probably avoid being directly around the forward elevator -- but in actuality, we haven't been in a cabin on any deck were we were disturbed by more than the very occasional outside noise -- even on Deck 3.

Thanks. It looked like that on deck plans.  Always nice to hear from someone with firsthand experience. 

• Like 1

Thanks all!  Your comments and advice were a big help.  We are booked for Japan April 2025. Prestige Suite on the first leg, Grand Deluxe on second. 

Now just need to decide what to do before or after.😄

Screenshot_20240203_092034_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240203_092102_Chrome.jpg

Edited by highplanesdrifters
  • Like 2