Esta /Visa

Hi I’m asking this on behalf of family who are travelling on the 15th February from the Uk and have been told they now need a Visa for visiting Barbados along with an ESTA for  for St Croix and San Juan .Can anyone confirm this please .They have tried contacting their travel agent and Marella but no luck .

thank you .

For any US territories and islands being visited you need a US Esta via their online portal - 21  USD, (beware of other websites that charge extra). If you have visited Cuba since 2021, you probably need a full Visa only obtainable from US embassy in person (so probably too late to get one).

The Barbados entry is done online 3 days before entry and I believe its mainly a health questionnaire

On 2/3/2024 at 6:12 PM, margo2011 said:

Hi I’m asking this on behalf of family who are travelling on the 15th February from the Uk and have been told they now need a Visa for visiting Barbados along with an ESTA for  for St Croix and San Juan .Can anyone confirm this please .They have tried contacting their travel agent and Marella but no luck .

thank you .

Best to check with the FCO UK Government website for UK travellers. 

• 2 weeks later...

thank you .

My family member just called us from St Croix said yesterday they did not get off the ship in St Thomas till 4-30 pm due to being ticket number 700 + to have documents checked by US immigration .They ended up short walk as had to be back onboard for sail away at 7pm really disappointed missing this lovely port and having to be up at 6am .

2 hours ago, margo2011 said:

My family member just called us from St Croix said yesterday they did not get off the ship in St Thomas till 4-30 pm due to being ticket number 700 + to have documents checked by US immigration .They ended up short walk as had to be back onboard for sail away at 7pm really disappointed missing this lovely port and having to be up at 6am .

So sorry to hear this - US immigration not well known for it's efficiency for us overseas travellers 😞

thank you .

British passport holders do not need a visa for Barbados https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/barbados/entry-requirements. We visited with Celebrity last month and no visa was required.

11 hours ago, elmac40 said:

So sorry to hear this - US immigration not well known for it's efficiency for us overseas travellers 😞

Don’t have all the details but rumour has it on the ship a lady had visited Cuba one day last year on her cruise and her Esta was not accepted by immigration and she was sent home poor lady .

Just got back. Barbados you have to do a landing form and getting past US immigration was a nightmare and unless you get a low number it’s best to treat the day as a sea day. We were in the 600s and didn’t get done until 3.45. Last ones were being called about 7pm!!!