FORMAL NIGHTS

My husband and I are not new cruisers but it has been several years--actually since the pandemic.  We will be on the Vision of the Seas in  a few weeks for a 12 night cruise.  I know that there are 2 formal nights.  I remember that one of those nights always seemed to be more "dressed up" but cannot remember if it is the first formal on the second cruise night or the last formal night.  As I am bringing only one really formal outfit I would love some advice.  Thank you in advance .

I do this cruise yearly and other cruises with multiple nights… I cannot say for sure. It’s all over the place. I’d think lobster night (Royal night) should be dressier, but I don’t see it. It’s dress your best. 

Also on our last Enchantment cruise first formal night was #3 night, not #2 (Italian)

18 minutes ago, pamps2801 said:

More and more customers, are skipping formal wear, and opting for smart casual on formal evenings. After over 60 cruises, this is our observation.

To expand on this.

Basically, wear what you want. If you enjoy dressing formal, go for it! (but don't feel obligated)

Regardless of how you dress (even simply casual), there will be enough others dressed the same that you won't feel out of place.