Jubilee Delay Feb 24

Just got an email that the Jubilee will be leaving at 8pm instead of 4pm on Feb 24th. Anyone know why? 

Also, will this mean we board late as well? I’ve had delays but usually they’re communicated closer to the cruise. Not 3 weeks out. 

5 hours ago, dee10785 said:

I Thought they had a naming ceremony back in November?  Also, my planner now shows all sail days are in Galveston???

Where do you see all sail days showing Galveston? 😳

8 hours ago, gopackgo21 said:

Where do you see all sail days showing Galveston? 😳

The ports are showing this morning - yesterday on my cruise manager page the ports all said Galveston!  There's also a column on Bing that does indicate that the ship has not been officially named and that will happen on Feb 24th!  So maybe that is the reason - and we'll get to be part of that!

From the web….

Carnival Jubilee debuted with a Texas-sized splash just before Christmas at the Port of Galveston, but the ship hasn't been officially named yet. 

That will change Feb. 24, when Carnival Cruise Line's third Excel-class vessel is 

scheduled to be named at the Port of Galveston. 

The festivities will take place at Terminal 25, Carnival Jubilee's year-round home.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 12:46 PM, gopackgo21 said:

Just got an email that the Jubilee will be leaving at 8pm instead of 4pm on Feb 24th. Anyone know why? 

Also, will this mean we board late as well? I’ve had delays but usually they’re communicated closer to the cruise. Not 3 weeks out. 

Yep even I heard that's when carnival is doing the godmother naming thing feb 24 jubilee. 

Blogger said dont come, it will be too busy and you wouldnt get to see it. 

4 hours ago, SunriseCoffee said:

Did everyone get a boarding time?

We were a little disappointed that boarding was delayed boarding because of the private naming ceremony. 

I am not platinum yet so I just checked in and got a 1:30-2. Curious what the diamond and plats got. We usually prefer a later boarding time but not 6pm late! I’m anticipating it being a zoo at embarkation with everyone not sticking to arrival times. Also wondering if rooms will be ready for all at boarding. 

We're Platinum and the first available boarding time was noon when we checked in. For those who don't know, one of the benefits is checking in 2 days prior to the normal check in.

Also we received the following in an email:

"Dear Diamond & Platinum Guests,

You may have heard that Carnival Jubilee’s naming ceremony will be taking place Saturday, February 24.  

To ensure a smooth experience for our guests and manage all the activities, Terminal Arrival Appointments will begin at noon. Please DO NOT arrive prior to your Terminal Arrival Appointments as they will be STRICTLY ENFORCED and all guests who arrive outside their designated times will be asked to return.

Although the ceremony itself will be an invitation-only affair, we are delighted to share that it will be televised on big screens around the vessel, starting at 3:30 PM. "

• Thanks 1