Sun Princess Reserve Class Mini Suites

stevenr597

We are looking at Reserve Class, on the Sun Princess.  We noticed that many rooms in this category are now limited to only two people.  Those that can accomodate 3 or 4 are often connecting cabins.  Does anybody have any idea as to why Princess designed Club Reserve this way.  

2 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

We are looking at Reserve Class, on the Sun Princess.  We noticed that many rooms in this category are now limited to only two people.  Those that can accommodate 3 or 4 are often connecting cabins.  Does anybody have any idea as to why Princess designed Club Reserve this way.  

The same issue has bee reported many times in the past while (for other ships) - but interestingly, not very recently.  I had wondered if Princess Marketing had finally corrected the issue.

It's an issue with Deluxe Balconies on Royal Class, but I don't see an issue there for the Minis.

Either book with a Princess agent (CVP) or an independent TA.  Another option is to book with a phantom third passenger and then cancel them out after a short while. 

I have yet to read any reliable answer directly from Princess Marketing as to why this booking edit was implemented.  I have considered it a bug, but no idea what the reason for it is.

ETA:  Which Sun voyage?  I don't see a problem booking Reserve Mini there after a quick look at a random Caribbean voyage next year.

Edited by Steelers36

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The same issue has bee reported many times in the past while (for other ships) - but interestingly, not very recently.  I had wondered if Princess Marketing had finally corrected the issue.

It's an issue with Deluxe Balconies on Royal Class, but I don't see an issue there for the Minis.

Either book with a Princess agent (CVP) or an independent TA.  Another option is to book with a phantom third passenger and then cancel them out after a short while. 

I have yet to read any reliable answer directly from Princess Marketing as to why this booking edit was implemented.  I have considered it a bug, but no idea what the reason for it is.

ETA:  Which Sun voyage?  I don't see a problem booking Reserve Mini there after a quick look at a random Caribbean voyage next year.

We were looking at a voyage on the Sun on October 18.  We were planning a Club Reserve Mini suite for three passengers.  But the only M1 cabins that could accommodate (according to Princess) 3 people were connecting cabins which we, personally do not like. 

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said: