Room Swapping Onboard

smwg

Has anyone had any trouble swapping rooms with other family members once onboard?  I do this on RCCL without any trouble.  We just go to GS and they give us a card to open the other cabin door.  I ask specifically here, because I'm not sure how it works with Medallions.  Will guest services just give us room cards like RCCL?   (I had to separate my kids into different rooms so they could each get their CCL shareholder credits (it's only one credit per stateroom).)

It will be no problem getting the system programmed so that a medallion will open other doors. A person assigned to the room needs to go to Guest Services with the person who will be authorized, and they will add the additional room. They don't care where you sleep. It's even easier than before, because you don't need another card or medallion - they just program the system to give you access to multiple rooms.

However, this does not change your room assignment on their records - you just have access to the other room. If the rooms have different muster station assignments, it doesn't change your muster station - you need to go to the one for the room you were assigned. If someone asks your room number for a food, beverage, or shopping charge, you need to give them the one you were originally assigned to. Your onboard charges will all go to the folio for the room to which you were assigned - not a problem if one credit card is paying for all of the rooms.

Edited by NavyVeteran
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

It will be no problem getting the system programmed so that a medallion will open other doors. A person assigned to the room needs to go to Guest Services with the person who will be authorized, and they will add the additional room. They don't care where you sleep. It's even easier than before, because you don't need another card or medallion - they just program the system to give you access to multiple rooms.

However, this does not change your room assignment on their records - you just have access to the other room. If the rooms have different muster station assignments, it doesn't change your muster station - you need to go to the one for the room you were assigned. If someone asks your room number for a food, beverage, or shopping charge, you need to give them the one you were originally assigned to. Your onboard charges will all go to the folio for the room to which you were assigned - not a problem if one credit card is paying for all of the rooms.

Thank you.  That is very helpful. 🙂

Guest Snaxmuppet

When I read the title I thought it was going to be something we could all take part in... sounded kinda fun!

Just ignore me...

7 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

When I read the title I thought it was going to be something we could all take part in... sounded kinda fun!

Just ignore me...

Must be a British thing, I thought the same😁