SUN butlers

gcjstri

Hi There, I will be on the Sun April 8th thru the 15th with my DH in an AC Suite #9076 and was wondering if anyone knows who our Butler will be and if so if they know how this Butler is. We had a Butler on our last cruise the Star Oct 05 and he was awful, his name was Arnie.

Thanks for any help with this

minimom:)

we were in 9076 3/3-11 had 2 butlers Henry & Rommel met one of them the first day and pretipped him ....then #2 showed up later lol we did get towel animals i think 3 days did not ask much of the butlers (no meals served in suite etc) had to get our own ice a few times, once nicely assisted by a fellow cruise critic member :) We got ice each day, it's just that we had a lot of visitors so went through it. The big ice storage place is down the hall next to the elevators but there's also usually ice on the "cleaning card"- Teracita is the stewardess, she is a doll very very hard worker 9076 is a wonderful suite - you will really enjoy it. Has an amazing sound system so bring some of your own cd's if you like music.

kj

Hi KJ,

thank you so much for responding to my butler question. U said that u pretipped the butler. Can u tell me how much u pre tipped ?? I am so excited 17 more days and i will be boarding the Sun.

thank u

minimom:)

We were in Cabin 9202 and we had Rommel and Henry. They were okay and did their job. I have read alot of other reviews from others on other ships where their Butlers were outstanding and went above and beyond. I would say our butlers were outststanding.

We met Both Rommel and Henry on the day we ordered breakfast. I personally think they should have come by prior to that to introduce themselves. Our Room stewards were far more friendly. Their names were Roberto and Alicia.

As for pre-tipping. I did read that giving them Phone card gift is a nice gesture. I may do that on my next cruise. Not sure how that works for us buying them in Canada. Never used one before so this would be new to me

I will be in the Sky Suite, 8203 starting next Saturday the 1st of April. I will advise my butler etc. once I return. It may not be the same but I will ask who will be the butler(s) on the 9th deck.

I plan on tipping early to grease the wheels a bit. Although I don't feel that it should be necessary, it may help out for the week.

Look for my Sun report when I return on the 9th of April.

Archived