Nafplio tours, transport?

carlmm

Does somebody have a recommendation for tours from Nafplio?

I'd like to see Mycaene and/or Epidaurus. Is public transportation available? Are there operators providing shared tours? (As solo traveller a private tour is no option.)

4 hours ago, carlmm said:

Is public transportation available?

Have you looked at the official Nafplio tourist Information website?  They should have info on ways to reach eiher or both, or you could contact them and ask.

Should you decide to stay in town, I can recommend a visit to the Archaeological Museum located in a main square, which we thought had some excellent exhibits, a number of which came from Mycenae. and the #1 exhibit is a bronze set of armour from there. We had not seen anything like that anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a solo traveler I was able to pick up a taxi at Navplio for a visit to Mycenae (first) then Epidavros (second) including wait time at each place. It's been a while (pre-Covid) but I believe you could also add extra wait time at either place at so much per hour. 

It wasn't as cheap as a group tour, but I did not see any group tour that combined the two places. I believe there may have been on that was going to Mycenae only.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

To update on my own question:

Last week taxis were available roght at the port gate for fixed prices starting from € 70 for Mycene or Epidaurus. 20240313_105206.thumb.jpg.8e5c8717c0ed525634c8895b53976da2.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, carlmm said:

Last week taxis were available roght at the port gate for fixed prices starting from € 70 for Mycene or Epidaurus

or to both from e130.  thanks for adding the info as others may find it ueful in the future.

I assume these are transfers only with no information given by the driver?

Did you have enough time to view the rare Mycenaen suit of armour in the museum?