Official Flam Port Cruise List has the Apex arriving on the wrong date

The Celebrity Apex is supposed to arrive in Flam at 7:00am July 23, 2024, but the official Flam Port cruise list says it will arrive at 7:00am on July 22, instead.  Do we just assume that is a typo, and they do actually know what day the ship is showing up?   

13 hours ago, bradfordjane said:

The Celebrity Apex is supposed to arrive in Flam at 7:00am July 23, 2024, but the official Flam Port cruise list says it will arrive at 7:00am on July 22, instead. 

I just had a quick look on the official  www.flamport.no website and your ship is listed as arriving on July 23rd this year from 0700 to 1600. Viking Star is also listed for the same day.  Just a thought which may be wrong, but is it possible you maybe  accidentaly accessed an older  port schedule for LAST year rather than this?

1 hour ago, allisonfamily said:

My itinerary says we stop at Flam on May 2, but the listing shows May 1.

The mystery only deepens.  Out of curiosity I checked and found this:

02.05.24  MSC Euribia   08:0018:0010:00

Solved!

I also saw the MSC Euribia as 02.05.24 so I changed my phone time setting from Oslo to Honolulu and refreshed the page. It now it shows the Euribia as 01.05.24 and the Apex as 22.07.24

Apparently the website developers inadvertently used a localizable date format, so while it’s correct in Flåm, it can shift depending on the time zone of your web browser.

I think it's a time zone issue.  When I look at the website, I see a lot of arrivals at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning with departures at 12:00 or 1:00pm.  I think they're displaying the times (and dates) localized to the viewer's time zone (I'm in US-Eastern), because surely most ships don't roll into port at 2:00am!

38 minutes ago, danv3 said:

I think it's a time zone issue.  When I look at the website, I see a lot of arrivals at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning with departures at 12:00 or 1:00pm.  I think they're displaying the times (and dates) localized to the viewer's time zone (I'm in US-Eastern), because surely most ships don't roll into port at 2:00am!

Are you seeing the correct dates???

Before the “fix” the times remained fixed and didn’t adjust by display time zone. In the latest version, I see “invalid date” regardless of time zone, and the times have begun shifting.

I sent a follow up to the frontend developer, but I think he’s tired of me now!

Thanks for the suggestion that the time zone mattered.  I changed the time zone on my laptop to local time in Norway, and at least for me, the problem resolved itself and the times on the official port list were then accurate.  When I reverted to Pacific Time, it was off again.  All good!