Thinking of a June 2024 cruise, will Princess excursions be all booked by now ?

Sailingpeace

Maybe my searching skills are not top right now, but I did not find the information. I am thinking of booking a cruise, Europe, June 2024, and  I want to book many Princess excursions. Would it be too late now to book them ? I remember seeing something about booking opening 100 days before cruises or something like that. 

I would not want to do final payment if I cannot book some excursions. I understand some may fill faster than I can book. 

It would be a return to cruising for me, first time since 2018.

All advice  welcome. Thanks

21 minutes ago, Sailingpeace said:

Maybe my searching skills are not top right now, but I did not find the information. I am thinking of booking a cruise, Europe, June 2024, and  I want to book many Princess excursions. Would it be too late now to book them ? I remember seeing something about booking opening 100 days before cruises or something like that. 

I would not want to do final payment if I cannot book some excursions. I understand some may fill faster than I can book. 

No, not all Princess excursions would be booked full by now. Some will be, probably, but definitely not all for every port. No, there is now way to check that prior to booking..

Maybe Book a refundable deposit,  then you can see excursion options and spaces available and decide. If they're full, you could cancel as you're outside final payment... 

It depends on the cruise and types of excursions, but at this point you should still find capacity on all but perhaps the most in demand excursions for your particular cruise. We have a Land of the Midnight Sun in Norway booked for June of this year, and a few excursions are filled, but most still have availability. Additionally, if you are open to independent tours there are usually lots of options from which to choose. On our roll call for our cruise, we have a number of private excursions that different groups are taking so that is another avenue you might want to explore by taking a look at the roll call for the cruise you are considering.

Princess shore excursions tend to be highly overpriced, so if you can find similar options you like through an independent tour you are usually better off and sometimes get a better experience in a smaller group. We usually reserve booking through Princess shore excursions for those tours we absolutely can't get on our own for some reason, or for tours that might be pressing the edge of our time in port. At least with Princess, we know if it's a late tour they won't leave without us.

1 hour ago, Sailingpeace said:

Edited by Sailingpeace
correction

58 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

No, not all Princess excursions would be booked full by now. Some will be, probably, but definitely not all for every port. No, there is now way to check that prior to booking..

Maybe Book a refundable deposit,  then you can see excursion options and spaces available and decide. If they're full, you could cancel as you're outside final payment... 

Just now, Sailingpeace said:

.Thanks, hope will make me make a refundable booking. 

1 hour ago, karatemom2 said:

It depends on the cruise and types of excursions, but at this point you should still find capacity on all but perhaps the most in demand excursions for your particular cruise. We have a Land of the Midnight Sun in Norway booked for June of this year, and a few excursions are filled, but most still have availability. Additionally, if you are open to independent tours there are usually lots of options from which to choose. On our roll call for our cruise, we have a number of private excursions that different groups are taking so that is another avenue you might want to explore by taking a look at the roll call for the cruise you are considering.

Princess shore excursions tend to be highly overpriced, so if you can find similar options you like through an independent tour you are usually better off and sometimes get a better experience in a smaller group. We usually reserve booking through Princess shore excursions for those tours we absolutely can't get on our own for some reason, or for tours that might be pressing the edge of our time in port. At least with Princess, we know if it's a late tour they won't leave without us.

It is the cruise I am looking at ! Thanks fort he advice and fingers crossed this bucket list dream can come true. 

10 minutes ago, Sailingpeace said:

It is the cruise I am looking at ! Thanks fort he advice and fingers crossed this bucket list dream can come true. 

Please join our roll call if you do decide to book it. We have a great group and for a lot of us, like you, this is a bucket list cruise, especially with the impending changes in a couple of years with large ships being allowed in the fjords. I can tell you that there is still a lot of availability with Princess tours and some really great private tours that you can access should you book it. 

On 2/16/2024 at 6:01 PM, karatemom2 said:

Please join our roll call if you do decide to book it. We have a great group and for a lot of us, like you, this is a bucket list cruise, especially with the impending changes in a couple of years with large ships being allowed in the fjords. I can tell you that there is still a lot of availability with Princess tours and some really great private tours that you can access should you book it. 

Thanks for the kind invitation for the roll call, fingers crossed for 2024

Edited by Sailingpeace
typo