Excursion price increases

Eno

26 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Just got the 20% off Northern Europe excursions email. Of course the small print has that the 20% is off the original launch price (who would remember anyway) and of the 4 excursions I had already booked, they were all above or equal to what I paid and the one excursion I haven't booked yet had not decreased at all. A great sale. 

Same here for the Med. We leave in a month and the 'reduced' prices are higher than the price I paid for the two I booked in order to use OBC. I do hate that they think I'm a mug! Same with the email offering us to bid for upgrades. We are booked in a deluxe obstructed balcony and picked our cabin to ensure an oversize balcony and the only obstruction being a solid rather than glass barrier. They are offering that we should pay £45 per person to 'upgrade' to a standard balcony cabin in an unknown location on the ship. On what planet would that be a good idea?

• Like 3

On 2/24/2024 at 5:17 AM, Torfamm said:

Many tour operators will guarantee your return to the ship. It’s an important question to ask, especially on longer tours. If for some reason you don’t return in time, they will get you to the next port. 

I haven't seen that yet but I guess they're learning that in order to stay profitable and compete with the cruise lines they have to give some assurance to potential customers. I'll bet they haven't had to utilize that guarantee yet. 

Most of the tour companies are reliable.

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I haven't seen that yet but I guess they're learning that in order to stay profitable and compete with the cruise lines they have to give some assurance to potential customers. I'll bet they haven't had to utilize that guarantee yet. 

Most of the tour companies are reliable.

I know someone who posts here regularly was on a cruise that had to leave people on ship excursions behind but I can’t remember the details. Princess got them to the next port though. I can’t remember the details, but I think roads were closed getting back to the port or something similar.

We’ve never had trouble finding tour operators who will guarantee return to the ship in Europe, Asia, or South America. I did have one turn me down recently when I requested a specific excursion though because they felt we didn’t have adequate time. The last thing they want is their name plastered all over social media with a negative review

Edited by Torfamm

21 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

The last thing they want is their name plastered all over social media with a negative review

You've got that right. 

A few occurrences such at that would put them out of business. 

They may have gotten away with it 30 years ago but no longer as people tend to give negative reviews almost the same day.