What exactly is Heartbeat, We Fancy, Klub Rubiks and BoomVang?

scomar

Has anyone been to these events to describe the basic differences (I believe they are dancing related, which we love to dance)? We will be on a 5 night on Scarlet Lady end of March and then an 8 night on Scarlet Lady in December. Do all of these events happen no matter the cruise length? Thanks!

Heartbeat is a fun club night with podium dancers (who also do UntitledDanceShowPartyThing) and some of the Happenings cast out on the dance floor. Cast and dancers start in red outfits and switch to white later. There are also a few other surprises (no spoilers).

WeFancy is a club night with a theme of being your best self and expressing the fanciest version of you. The Happenings cast welcome you into the Temple of Fancy and do dance numbers in the centre of the dancefloor a few times and there are other surprises.

BoomVang is just a club night with the DJ, no extra dancers or anything (as far as I remember anyway).

Klub Rubiks (I think is only on Resilient Lady) is an 80s themed night, again the Happenings Cast come out at regular intervals to do dances and skits to 80s songs. There might also be some interesting moments with the diva.

Studio 72 is a 70s themed club night, preceded by Circus Disco where some of the circus cast (from Duel Reality) do about 15 minutes of short performances before the dancefloor opens. There may also be the Happenings Cast in 70s outfits.

There are lots of kitschy names for things with VV, and even after a week onboard I still have no idea what the events were or where. We didn’t know what a happenings cast was until I got home and looked it up on Google. I think they could do a much better job at descriptions and messaging.  Have fun on your cruise, it’s really a good time on VV! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WatermelonSugarHigh said:

We didn’t know what a happenings cast was until I got home and looked it up on Google.

They do a brief introduction with all the Happenings cast members at the sailaway party.

40 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

Heartbeat is a fun club night with podium dancers (who also do UntitledDanceShowPartyThing) and some of the Happenings cast out on the dance floor. Cast and dancers start in red outfits and switch to white later. There are also a few other surprises (no spoilers).

WeFancy is a club night with a theme of being your best self and expressing the fanciest version of you. The Happenings cast welcome you into the Temple of Fancy and do dance numbers in the centre of the dancefloor a few times and there are other surprises.

BoomVang is just a club night with the DJ, no extra dancers or anything (as far as I remember anyway).

Klub Rubiks (I think is only on Resilient Lady) is an 80s themed night, again the Happenings Cast come out at regular intervals to do dances and skits to 80s songs. There might also be some interesting moments with the diva.

Studio 72 is a 70s themed club night, preceded by Circus Disco where some of the circus cast (from Duel Reality) do about 15 minutes of short performances before the dancefloor opens. There may also be the Happenings Cast in 70s outfits.

You should be working for them! This is great information! 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What is the happenings cast?

Kind of the equivalent of the cruise director role from other lines, except it’s a team of 14 people.

Some of them such as the hostess and the diva host and sing at shows. Others like the foodie, gamer and artist host the activities, classes, gameshows and trivia. The Balancer does a lot of the fitness stuff. The Charmer hosts magic shows. Then there are several roles who dance at parties as well as co-hosting or hosting events.

Around 6pm as part of the sailaway party the hostess will introduce the cast and someone will lead a toast. They will also be mingling and chatting with the crowd at the sailaway.

But in general if it’s a hosted event (like Grog Walk, trivia etc) two or more  of the cast will host it. They will also dance at some of the parties.

Edited by jon81uk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

Kind of the equivalent of the cruise director role from other lines, except it’s a team of 14 people.

Some of them such as the hostess and the diva host and sing at shows. Others like the foodie, gamer and artist host the activities, classes, gameshows and trivia. The Balancer does a lot of the fitness stuff. The Charmer hosts magic shows. Then there are several roles who dance at parties as well as co-hosting or hosting events.

Around 6pm as part of the sailaway party the hostess will introduce the cast and someone will lead a toast. They will also be mingling and chatting with the crowd at the sailaway.

But in general if it’s a hosted event (like Grog Walk, trivia etc) two or more  of the cast will host it. They will also dance at some of the parties.

What’s a grog walk? 

Just now, WatermelonSugarHigh said:

What’s a grog walk? 

It’s a pub crawl event with drinks in several bars across the ship. Typically happens on the first night of the cruise and often another night as well.

I’ve never done it, but others say it’s a great way of meeting others and getting to know people. It’s about $50 I think though and won’t come out of bar tab (as it’s an event) but does include at least four drinks.

VV Insider has a good summary 

https://vvinsider.com/on-board/event/grog-walk/

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

It’s a pub crawl event with drinks in several bars across the ship. Typically happens on the first night of the cruise and often another night as well.

I’ve never done it, but others say it’s a great way of meeting others and getting to know people. It’s about $50 I think though and won’t come out of bar tab (as it’s an event) but does include at least four drinks.

Sounds like it should be a team of 15 people with one being the Explainer = you 😂

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2024 at 11:33 AM, WatermelonSugarHigh said:

There are lots of kitschy names for things with VV, and even after a week onboard I still have no idea what the events were or where. We didn’t know what a happenings cast was until I got home and looked it up on Google. I think they could do a much better job at descriptions and messaging.  Have fun on your cruise, it’s really a good time on VV! 

Virgin is walking that line of not wanting to explain things too much and let you find surprises while on the ship - but I agree it’s easy to miss things.  

I’m 50/50 on the happenings cast - at worst they can come across as camp counselors trying way too hard to be cool and sexy (but that describes a few things on virgin).  But there have been some standouts that are wonderful and I kinda like the concept.

On 2/19/2024 at 8:28 AM, jon81uk said:

Thanks for the info. That explains it well. 

On 2/19/2024 at 8:35 AM, jon81uk said:

Thanks for the info on VV Insider. That site is great!

• Like 1