8pm flight from FLL What to do with a large group for the day?

odot12

Traveling home after our cruise in March with a group of 9 adults, and 3 kids ranging from ages 10-2.  Don't want to just get of the boat at POM and spend 10 hours at FLL airport since our return flight isn't scheduled until after 8pm.  Anyone have any suggestions for something/somewhere to store luggage for a group of 12 that includes carseats, pack and play, and suitcases near FLL as well as something to keep the kids entertained.  I've searched and read quite a few threads on this forum without much luck.  Thanks!

Google luggage storage, I’ve used those types of services all over since I discovered it. You can also look up hotel day passes in the area. I’m sure others will have recommendations of places they’ve used in the pass. I haven’t been to FLL but these services are available all over.

You could hire a driver and go to Everglades Holiday park. Much closer to the airport, there are canoe and kayak rentals at West Lake where you can explore the mangroves at Ann Kolb Nature Center. You could also explore Fairchild Tropical Gardens. For a rain plan. the Miami Science Museum or tfe Museum of Discovery and Science are both "inside" opportunities. MoDS is 15 minutes from FLL airport.

Also outdoor, you could explore Fort Lauderdale on the Water Taxi. You might get a "day room" at the Hilton Marina, giving you an alternative to asking the bell stand to hold bags and give you a place for a quick change begore your flights. A water taxi stop is about 100 feet from the hotel entrance. The hotel is 12 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale airport.

Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor is 7 minutes south of FLL airport on US-1/Federal Highway (and on the way to the airport from West Lake). Jaxson's is a real treat- the hotdogs and hamburgers are large and the i e cream is larger. You can get the original Kitchen Sink bowl.