Ravenna Private Shuttle PickUp Time

lexluthor

We are 8 adults on a Royal Caribbean cruise ending in Ravenna in May.  We've hired a private shuttle to take us to Venice.  What's the earliest time that I should tell them we could meet the shuttle off the ship?

If you carry off your own luggage and do self-disembark, I'd say 7:30 to be safe. If you need to collect bags AFTER you disembark, then you have to wait until your group is called. Private transfers likely go after early ship transfers. So, I'd say 8:30. 

Here is last year's schedule for the transfers, which would give you an idea of when you can get off the ship.

E1E88F89-71DB-48E6-8F27-9BEB2D2F69C6.jpeg

10 hours ago, elaine5 said:

If you carry off your own luggage and do self-disembark, I'd say 7:30 to be safe. If you need to collect bags AFTER you disembark, then you have to wait until your group is called. Private transfers likely go after early ship transfers. So, I'd say 8:30. 

Here is last year's schedule for the transfers, which would give you an idea of when you can get off the ship.

This is helpful.  Are you saying if we walked off with our own luggage, we could do 7:30 and if we leave as "independent guest" with our luggage out the night before, then 8:30?

Yes. That assumes there’s no delay in departing as independent guests. But I think 8:30 is “safe.” You have to make sure to get early departure tags-8am ones. If they give you later ones than you requested, just go to guest services and swap them out. 

8 minutes ago, elaine5 said:

Yes. That assumes there’s no delay in departing as independent guests. But I think 8:30 is “safe.” You have to make sure to get early departure tags-8am ones. If they give you later ones than you requested, just go to guest services and swap them out. 

We've cruised a lot and have done self-disembark before.  Sounds like it would be fairly safe to give the shuttle an 8am pickup time.  We only have the one night in Venice so would like to have as much time there as possible.

• Like 1

Also, you can prebook tickets for Basilica and Doges Palace. Doges advance ticket is likely not needed for May. Basilica is free for most parts, but we still did prebooked just to make sure we got in without a wait--but that was August. 

Thanks for the info. If we are going to the train station in Bolgna, do we sign up for this on the ship, or before we leave on the cruise?  Is this accurate enough to book trains tickets to Rome, our next destination?  Looks like they only offer shuttle to the airport in Bolgna.

Info from September—We took shuttle to Ravenna and then took train to bologna and then onto Florence, but could’ve continued to Rome.

We booked our Ravenna-Florence train tickets in advance. Booked shuttle to Ravenna onboard.