Pre-cruise hotel in Ft Lauderdale - Nothing showing on HAL site for early November cruise

Euby

We stayed at the Hilton Marina Fort Lauderdale and thought it was lovely. Picked a room facing the port but also the other side has a lovely view as well. We used Uber to the port and that worked out well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 3:42 AM, Euby said:

I'm trying to do some comparisons to see what my options may be for a pre-cruise hotel in FLL in early November.  I know that I can get my own hotel in Fort Lauderdale and take an Uber/Lyft.  However, traveling solo with a mobility device made that experience more stressful than I want.  Been there, done that, would like to avoid it in the future.

So I went to 'Manage My Booking' page to see what HAL had to offer.  There was nothing listed on the 'Hotel & Travel Packages' page.

NO HOTEL & TRAVEL PACKAGES AVAILABLE YET

We're as excited as you to book hotel and travel packages. Unfortunately, it's still a bit early. Please check back closer to your cruise departure

Does anyone have any guesses when they may have something available show up?

The boat show in FLL is the first few days in November.  If your cruise is then it may be difficult to see availability.

On 2/22/2024 at 12:20 PM, Taters said:

We will arrive into Ft. Lauderdale on Volendam on October 19, 2024.  We wanted to spend one night there before flying home and I was stunned to see rates for IHG hotels (Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, etc.) in the $500 per night range.  I did a quick search and found that Taylor Swift is performing at the Hard Rock Arena on October 18th and 19th.  Needless to say we decided to just fly home.

We found that out the hard way as well. We will be staying near PE for our Oct 19 sailing on Princess, and every one of our usual 17th St hotels (Hilton, Hyatt Place, Renaissance etc) were astronomically overpriced, worse than I've ever seen them, thanks to that concert. The sky high pricing extended out to hotels in Dania, even distant Plantation.  Amazingly, the Riverside, at that point, hadn't raised their prices and we grabbed a great deal on it. We've never stayed there before, looking forward to it, even though we arrive into FLL quite late and won't get to enjoy the local area.

• Like 1

OP here...

I've gone ahead and gotten a room at the AC Hotel Ft Lauderdale Airport in Dania Beach.  I've not stayed here before, but I think the location works well for me as a solo cruiser with mobility issues.  Plus the price is reasonable.