Pride: refrig? bring ice chest?

Capt. JC

We are leaving on the Pride this coming Sunday (March 26). We have an inside room (5101). Does anyone know if it would have an refrigerator in the room? If not, is it best to bring a cooler and have the steward keep it full or is ice available someplace?

Thanks!

We always bring a cooler not matter if we have a ref. in our cabin or not. This allows us to have wine, beer, or other products on ice at all times.

If there is a beverage that you want really cold, you are wise to bring a cooler. The fridge kept water "cool" but if I have a beer, I want it ice chest cold...not "cool".

We did the cooler on wheels. I tipped the steward $20 for two cabins with coolers and asked him to keep ice in them. He kept them filled with fresh ice. He even took it upon himself to put more soda in the cooler when it was getting low.

He took such good care of us we even gave him another $20 at the end.

I brought collapsable coolers and purchased the soda at the nearest grocery store to the pier. Put the soda ion the coolers and checked it like a piece of luggage.

And of course the bottle of booze was in the suitcase :D

Have a great cruise. The Pride is a beauty.

We use a small carry cooler--one that holds 12 cans. Steward kept it full of ice.. we kept 4 cans inthere at all times. When we took a can we replaced it

Coolers do a better job at keeping stuff cold.

The refrigerator I had on the Pride 15 months ago definiely was not cold enough for anything, barely put a chill on things. I'd like to be able to report on it from my 01-01-06 sailing, but the steward never unlocked it. I really didn't care too much, I figured if he didn't want to earn the tips from the sale of the stuff in there, I'd give them to room service. Now, when he didn't bother to bring me any ice, that was another thing. First steward I've not tipped more than the recommended amount.

Enjoy

Ron

The refrigerator I had on the Pride 15 months ago definiely was not cold enough for anything, barely put a chill on things. I'd like to be able to report on it from my 01-01-06 sailing, but the steward never unlocked it. I really didn't care too much, I figured if he didn't want to earn the tips from the sale of the stuff in there, I'd give them to room service. Now, when he didn't bother to bring me any ice, that was another thing. First steward I've not tipped more than the recommended amount.

Enjoy

Ron

I was just curious did you ask him/her to unlock the fridge? I thought it was only opened if you do.

Did you ask for ice?

I can honestly say that anything I asked for was done or gotten from any type of staff. They seem to only want to please you. I only over tipped those who effected us on a daily basis. Steward, waiter and assistant waiter.

I was just curious did you ask him/her to unlock the fridge? I thought it was only opened if you do.

Did you ask for ice?

I can honestly say that anything I asked for was done or gotten from any type of staff. They seem to only want to please you. I only over tipped those who effected us on a daily basis. Steward, waiter and assistant waiter.

No, I never asked for the refrigerator, as I said it wasn't important enough. Previous cruises it has been open without my asking. The ice I asked for and got that one time, never filled again, the water from the melt never emptied. I don't feel I should have to ask for ice every day and never before have I had to. As previously stated, this is the first time I didn't tip better than the recommended, as the steward was just not very good, not just this but other matters. Maybe he was having an off week. I still left the standard on my Sail & sign, but while the others on the ship who provided the usual excellent service, from the waiter & asst. waiter to the cocktail waitress in the disco got an envelope with some extra in it, that was all the cabin steward got. The steward didn't ruin my cruise:p but he didn't improve it as others have done. I will be back on the Pride on Dec 31, for the third year in a row, so I must like it.

Enjoy

Ron

Archived