How bad is the wind in Forward Balcony Cabins

We have an extended forward balcony spa cabin booked for upcoming cruise on Deck 17 of Celebration. We are excited about it but unfortunately didn't take into consideration the wind. For anyone that has booked one of those staterooms, just how bad is the wind?

For us it depended a lot on how fast we were moving.  We were in the very forward deck 5 balcony on Miracle to Hawaii in October.  We were clipping along pretty good on the way out and back and the balcony was basically unusable.  Super windy and cold.  We even had a block on the forward side by part of the ship.  When we were going more slowly in Hawaii it was better but still windy.  We definitely did not get the use out of the balcony we normally do. 

image.png.0b96e93c4d7f2b9b6bca7a87a205a11d.png

I just got off that ship, and our room was also right there. (17202)

Unlike the pic of the miracle the celebration has glass all the way up to block the wind.

on our 7 day cruise there was only 1 day that the wind was really strong that we didn't use the balcony.

i just got off the celebration and serenity deck 18 forward was just not useable. Crazy wind...We stayed in 17293 on the side and a few days it was pretty bad. 

After experiencing that i dont think i would ever think about a room like that. 

We stayed in a forward extended on Mardi Gras. Yes it was windy, but it didn't bother me at all. Balcony is huge. A lovely cabin. The only thing I didn't like, and why I probably won't book one again, is the obstructed view. Now you don't have to worry about that on deck 17. The panels are glass. 

We always book high and forward balcony cabins. Usually a spa cabin.  I haven't noticed bad wind.  The balcony is covered on 3 sides, we are not bothered.

Oops, just reread your post.  I realized you are talking about a forward facing balcony.  Sorry.

Edited by Butterbean1000

We were on the Mardi Gras in a forward facing balcony, dead center (well, the right side of dead center), deck 14 IIRC.  We experienced minimal winds on our balcony - you had to get fairly close to the rail to really feel it.  Sitting down, especially a bit back near the glass barrier, resulted in at most gentle zephyrs wafting by - I fell asleep out there one night it was so nice.  Even into a strong westerly headwind.  Seriously, the design, for that cabin at least, meant that the wind was really well mitigated.