Did Princess just pull a quickie financial game with extra charges?

RocknRoll22

8 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Interesting and might  try it on our upcoming cruises..  How much does Guest Services usually require for a deposit on B2Bs booked as separate bookings?  With Princess Plus and sufficient OBC, we haven't owed Princess money at the end of our cruises.in a long time.

That is usually my spending situation as well.

I’m not sure what the minimum amount they require is because I usually give them $500, knowing I will never spend it all. 
ETA: It’s easy to go to GS and add more cash to your account as needed.

Edited by tonit964
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Palo4911 said:

Curious if they still slip the final folio under the door on debarkation morning?

Not done anymore or stuck in the outer door handle.  A copy is emailed to you maybe 2 or 3 days after you return home.  I always get a copy of the folio late on disembarkation night and also one about 6:00 at at the Guest Services desk.  That way if there is a problem I can take care of it before getting off the ship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coo359a2 said:

Not done anymore or stuck in the outer door handle.  A copy is emailed to you maybe 2 or 3 days after you return home.  I always get a copy of the folio late on disembarkation night and also one about 6:00 at at the Guest Services desk.  That way if there is a problem I can take care of it before getting off the ship.

I thought so but wasn't sure...Thanks!

On 2/20/2024 at 4:30 PM, RocknRoll22 said:

We just got off the Caribbean Princess on Sunday. The last time I checked our Folio, we had a credit balance of around $400, due to a gift card being submitted as OBC and a credit from Princess for cancelling our excursion at Princess Cay, since they decided not to allow tenders that day.

So, customer service told us earlier in the week, that any unspent OBC will be refunded to us, either back to the original credit card, or they will send a check. Like I said, last time I checked the folio on Saturday, we had a credit.

Well, besides our flight home being cancelled at the last minute (a whole different clusterfark by Spirit), I get a email from Princess with the final folio totals. Apparently, since they saw the credit balance, they decided to add two different WiFi charges of $104 and $62 (I already paid for the Plus package before sailing, so WiFi was included), they added some sort of folio to folio charges from my wife's account, then to use up all the rest of the credit, they added a "Referred to Corporate Finance" charge of $238, which then zeroed out all the credit balance.

Anyone experience these type of "games" in the past? Of course, I tried to call them, and got some foreign CS person who we really couldn't understand, and they said they couldn't help me, but to go the the "Help" section on the web site, and file a concern through  "Post Cruise" drop down comments.

Anyone else have them play these type of last minute games/charges before?

Probably said before, and I can speak to the $238, as a hotel accountant - the $238 "Refer to Corporate Finance" is zeroing out your onboard account and transferring the remaining credit balance to the guest refund processing system.  That's how our hotel accounting systems work.  The Wi-Fi charges - don't know - I would question those.

Edited by jbcallender
  • Like 1