Apex cruising Speed

Harrisonkid

I'm not too concerned . If it's a MUST to go into dry dock I assume a European drydock would be the best place for a major issue....but, if it happens and our cruise gets canceled we will just enjoy our Anniversary on Land ...

• Like 1

Thanks for reply Harrisonkid, That sounds like a completely normal / rational reply in this uncertain world we live in. Lets hope you have the happiest anniversary, and hopefully on board. Thank you.

My question was really aimed at other posters.

I really don't understand why people feel the need to share their stress in this unsubstantiated way. We obviously want the best and most wonderful experiences, however, no matter how much we pay for it, stuff happens. All the time. And most of the people on here are experienced cruisers and know that. So let us deal with the facts. Until we know any different. Let's not speculate in an already uncertain and scary world. Let's not cause undue worry for other passengers.

Celebrity are a business. Fact. They want our money. Fact. They are going to try and keep Customers. Fact. We have choices. Fact. They don't make us book a cruise with them. Fact.

So please can we stop speculating until Celebrity announce any cruise-crushing facts. In which case it will be highly disappointing and really annoying, but at least we wont be stuck in a war-torn part of the world with no hope of ever going on a lovely cruise. Let's get real. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 3:54 PM, Harrisonkid said:

I'm not too concerned . If it's a MUST to go into dry dock I assume a European drydock would be the best place for a major issue....but, if it happens and our cruise gets canceled we will just enjoy our Anniversary on Land ...

Well  this is our Fifth attempt at a Baltic cruise.  Cruises we had booked in Summer 2020 and 2021 were cancelled by Azamara because of the pandemic and then  Baltic cruises we had booked for both July 2022 and 2023 were cancelled by Oceania because of Putin's war.

So we're reeeaaalllyyy hoping our fifth attempt to do this actually happens. Fingers and toes all crossed.

I came to this thread with a faint hope someone "in the know" might provide those of us affected a nugget useful intel on what's really going on, but no luck.

• Like 1